What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

mdat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the reviews!

Hi everyone. I just read through this entire forum, and after reading all the reviews and comments, I have now decided to get the Zaggmate with the keyboard. I've had my eyes set on the Zaggmate for a loooong time, but I wanted to read a lot of reviews before actually committing to buy it since I live in Hong Kong and shipping would cost quite a bit. I notice that some people have had problems with their Zaggmates, but after reading about the great customer service that Zagg has, I'm not so worried about ordering it now. I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback with the Zaggmate. I have personally decided to get the leather embossed skin for my iPad and the non-embossed leather skin for my Zaggmate. Hopefully, this combination will turn out pretty well. I'll post pics once I receive it all, but thank you again for helping me make my decision.

Mamta

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just finished setting mine up. It took all of 3 minutes to set up and pair. Works quite well so far. Makes you want to reach for a mouse though.

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mouse

The Crazy part is after a couple days, you will walk up to a laptop and want to touch the Screen......

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Crazy part is after a couple days, you will walk up to a laptop and want to touch the Screen......

I do that at work. We have touchscreen monitors controlling doors, cameras and such.

Two issues... I wish the international key could start Safari browser instead, and do you know of any skin cases that fit with the keyboard in landscape mode?

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it would be nice to have "hot-keys" that we could program to launch specific apps, but Apple doesn't allow that now. If people jailbreak, then we could do that, but it would be a nightmare to support people who want to jailbreak their iPad. Imagine that phone call. "Now Mr. Jones, first thing you need to do is go to Blackra1n.com....."

Anyway, people who use more than one language on a regular basis love that key. One email they are typing to their coworker in the US, the next they are emailing their supplier in Mexico. No need to go to settings to make those changes. For those of you wondering why you need to change settings to switch languages, it's so the auto-correct doesn't try to turn hola into hello or something like that. However, if you just use one language, that key isn't terribly helpful.

Regarding the skin cases, there is quite a bit of room in the channel where the iPad sits for a thin case, or you can use an invisible shield or a skin or leather for the back and they work great. Most cases would make it so the iPad won't fit inside the case when closed. I hope I understood your question correctly.

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know Zagg, I am really impressed by your passion for your product. It shows the marketing value of having a presence on fora like this one.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the useless trivia department - if you have the camera adapter, you can plug the Zaggmate into the ipad and charge it from the iPad battery.

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New Review as Promised

OK was in Florida for a business trip and have just gotten around to posting my review of the replacement.
So far so good!!!

Item arrived 1 day before the trip began so was glad they chose to expedite the shipping!!! thanks ZAGG

No problems with unhinged buttons on this unit!
Also included the little white/translucent rubber feet so i wont have to make my own!!!!

ALL in ALL i would buy another ZAGG product if only for the fact they patrol forums like this and respond to negative/critical reviews of their products.

Only thing i have not received yet is the return shipping label so i can send the first one back but we will tackle that issue on Monday!!!

Enjoy your weekend everyone and buy with confidence from ZAGG.com

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually learned something new. Thanks. I wouldn't go out and buy one for that reason because you hardly ever have to charge the ZAGGmate. But, it could come in handy in a pinch if you have one. Thanks again.

estudioG design

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
estudiogdesign.com
I have it love the use of it, but not to happy with the actual finish. The case scratches easily and I don't like the sharp edges that feel like they could scratch the iPad when putting both together. Zagg should have rounded the edges...

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
estudioG design said:
I have it love the use of it, but not to happy with the actual finish. The case scratches easily and I don't like the sharp edges that feel like they could scratch the iPad when putting both together. Zagg should have rounded the edges...

I agree with the edge bit. Though i haven't found it sharp enough to cut or scratch. It just feels a little bit unfinished. I am considering rounding the edges off with a dremel. Mine has taken some rough handling, including a four foot drop without showing any scratches. I am looking for a skin for it in the UK. Anybody in the UK found any yet?

artemisblossom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a beautiful skin on the back of the ipad that I got from Decal Girl, I wonder if I ordered another one if it would stick on the zaggmate case and look ok... has anyone done this??

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the zagg leather that was intended for the iPad back, on the back of the zaggmate and it fits and sticks great so I would say your decal girl skin would work.

Btw... I'm looking for 40-50% coupon for my friend who I turned on to the zaggmate...he wants leather skin but not for 50$
Edit...success! Thank you!

Last edited:

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BrennB said:
I have the zagg leather that was intended for the iPad back, on the back of the zaggmate and it fits and sticks great so I would say your decal girl skin would work.

Btw... I'm looking for 40-50% coupon for my friend who I turned on to the zaggmate...he wants leather skin but not for 50$

So is the skin people put on their Zagg just the same one they would put on the back of the iPad?

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Amazon has very good buys on Zagg Skins.

Most reactions