What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Permanently delete photos??

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Both my ipad and iPhone are jailbroken. Storage seems like it's right. I just would really like to get rid of the photos it's some how holding onto.

I'm thinking if I got into ifile and delete them that might work. I'll try it later

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm thinking if I got into ifile and delete them that might work. I'll try it later

Well the problem seems to be more with my iPhone. I went into ifile on my photo and found the location for the camera roll, tuns more pictures there than I though. I deleted them from there, no luck the are still popping up when I make a new album. No clue why I can't get rid of these

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well the problem seems to be more with my iPhone. I went into ifile on my photo and found the location for the camera roll, tuns more pictures there than I though. I deleted them from there, no luck the are still popping up when I make a new album. No clue why I can't get rid of these

Well that's just not good.....I'm going to transfer your thread to our Hacking section and hope the good folk there have had experience with this problem and will be able to help you more with this issue!

Good luck!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If i may suggest - go to Cydia and download the free tweak "iCleaner;" it'll put an icon on your iPad. Open the icon and ensure all the selections are active except "Cydia sources."

Then, at the top, under "Message Attachment," press on the "smart" button; it should highlight. This will ensure that any "stray" pictures from messages (SMS and iMessages) are also cleaned.

Last, press the clean button at the upper right. iCleaner will then do its work and respring.

Hopefully, that'll clear out those pictures. If yes, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If i may suggest - go to Cydia and download the free tweak "iCleaner;" it'll put an icon on your iPad. Open the icon and ensure all the selections are active except "Cydia sources." Then, at the top, under "Message Attachment," press on the "smart" button; it should highlight. This will ensure that any "stray" pictures from messages (SMS and iMessages) are also cleaned. Last, press the clean button at the upper right. iCleaner will then do its work and respring. Hopefully, that'll clear out those pictures. If yes, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it. Marilyn

Good thought, sadly I already have Icleaner downloaded and tried it a few times no luck.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Off the wall idea:

If you are still using iTunes on the computer to sync Photos, try syncing the iPad with a small folder of photos; then turn off Photo syncing and sync again.

This may force iTunes to clean up any old synced albums.

If it were not for the jailbreak I'd be fairly confident of this working. With the jailbreak there are too many variables for me to be sure.

Good luck.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Off the wall idea: If you are still using iTunes on the computer to sync Photos, try syncing the iPad with a small folder of photos; then turn off Photo syncing and sync again. This may force iTunes to clean up any old synced albums. If it were not for the jailbreak I'd be fairly confident of this working. With the jailbreak there are too many variables for me to be sure. Good luck.

Thanks I will try that :)

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks I will try that :)

The strange thing is, is that the photos that are popping up have never been synced with iTunes. They are all very recent photos that I've taken and deleted right away. But maybe syncing will force some kind of a correction.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The strange thing is, is that the photos that are popping up have never been synced with iTunes. They are all very recent photos that I've taken and deleted right away. But maybe syncing will force some kind of a correction.

Have you had any luck getting rid of those photos?

Most reactions

Latest posts