What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF reader

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the best PDF reader for the iPad. I like the iBooks PDF reader on the iPhone but it doesn't seem to be integrated into the iPad version (maybe in iOS 4).

I have good reader and although it's ok I'd prefer something with some nice aesthetics as well as function.

All recommendations welcome

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is in the latest iBooks version for the iPad. Open iTunes then click on Books on the left side of the screen. Now drag your PDF's into the Books screen (or copy & paste) and the next time you sync, they will be in iBooks. There is a tab at the top where you select books or PDF's.

I found this out after buying the Good Reader app for 99¢!

OP
P

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is in the latest iBooks version for the iPad. Open iTunes then click on Books on the left side of the screen. Now drag your PDF's into the Books screen (or copy & paste) and the next time you sync, they will be in iBooks. There is a tab at the top where you select books or PDF's.

I found this out after buying the Good Reader app for 99¢!

thanks for that. You can't seem to email the to yourself and import to iBooks like I can on my iPhone running iOS4 but this is fine for now. I've been playing with good reader a little bit more and its not as bad as I thought.

Thanks again

zinga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPAD and DRM Protected PDF's

Hello - Just went down this path with the University of Phoenix, Apple Support and an Apple Store. The store swore up and down there was an iPad app to support DRM protected PDF's (If you are enrolled in UoP, you know all about these password protected files), in the end I was offered my money back on the iPad with no restocking fee. UoP technical response was as follows:
Thank you for contacting Technical Support. We understand you are unable to
access eBooks on your iPad.

The current generation of eReaders (Nook, Kindle, Sony E-reader, iPad) do
not have the functionality to unlock the Protectedpdf eBooks, the eBooks
require Adobe Reader and Java. Adobe does not have an authorized app for
the iPad at this time.

SeanG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the iPad at this time.

I just spoke with a technician at Vitrium Systems (the author of ProtectedPDF) and learned that working with Apple to include support for ProtectedPDF documents in iBooks is slow going, and progress is not being made.

There are two PDF reader applications that are looking to support ProtectedPDF files for the iPad, they are Foxit and Nitro, but no word on current status, and I can't find anything related to Alpha or Beta version software.

I think best thing is to keep asking Apple, Foxit, and Nitro for a solution.

My $0.02

_SG

Taka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goodreader ftw and it's only .99$!

Second to that. It is a very very good app. I have yhe PDF reader and the function is not as good. The only thing that good reader is lack off is there is no annotation function. The pdf reader allow you to book mark too.

I love good reader give it a go.

I have lots of medical/pathology journals on PDF format.

shodka8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No question - Goodreader. That 99 cent proggy changed mY LIFE!!!

Readdle.com

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can look at ReaddleDocs for iPad. Much more cleaner and user-friendly interface blends with some great functionality. With the latest update it features highlights and annotations.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Readdle.com , I would like to know if the readdleapp would be able to view PDF scanned file. I got goodreader , docs2go and iBook but sometimes scanned PDF files turned into blank pages . I'm not the only one who encountered this thing. Some forum member had the same problem.

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Noterize because I can take notes directly on the pages of the PDF files while I am going through them. It is a bit more expensive than most @ 2.99 but it is also an excellent note taking platform. The reason I bought it is that it can copy Pdf files from the built in browser directly or from Dropbox directly as well. So your online manuals from book retailers can be on your device without syncing with iTunes.

Readdle.com

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Readdle.com , I would like to know if the readdleapp would be able to view PDF scanned file. I got goodreader , docs2go and iBook but sometimes scanned PDF files turned into blank pages . I'm not the only one who encountered this thing. Some forum member had the same problem.

Send us a link of your uploaded file (use Simple private real-time sharing and collaboration by drop.io ) and we'll see whether it's possbile to read or not.

Joviedo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - Just went down this path with the University of Phoenix, Apple Support and an Apple Store. The store swore up and down there was an iPad app to support DRM protected PDF's (If you are enrolled in UoP, you know all about these password protected files), in the end I was offered my money back on the iPad with no restocking fee. UoP technical response was as follows:
Thank you for contacting Technical Support. We understand you are unable to
access eBooks on your iPad.

the iPad at this time.

Hello zínga

Same problem here. Do you have updates regarding drm uop ebooks?

Most reactions

Latest posts