What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pdf files syncing to iBooks

Schoff0310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is my problem: a business colleague emails me a PDF file which I open to save to my iBook library on my iPhone 4.
I do not have that option on my iPad2.
this is driving me crazy because that is where I ultimately want it!!!

Any info out there?

Another problem. When I get a PDF file emailed to me to print sometimes they appear with a black background with white letters! Help!!!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does work on iPAd. It is the same iOS.
When you get the mail open the attachment. It'l open the PDF.
Tap the PDF and you will get a menu. One of the items is open in iBook.
Plain and simple.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the attachment in Mail is surrounded by a dotted line, then it has not downloaded yet. Tap on it once and it should start downloading. When it is finishes the border will be solid. Now tap and hold on the attachment. You should get the Open In options, including the ability to open it in iBooks.

I've had one PDF file fail to give me an Open In option. Mail did not recognize it's file type and would not do anything at all with it, even though the attachment was labeled as pdf. So I won't guarantee all pdf files will work. But most should.

Most reactions

Latest posts