What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF file blank when in Ipad

Ipadee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some pdf files on my computer. On the computer, they have content. When I upload them onto itunes, the cover is white as if it's blank. When I click on the pdf file in itunes to open it, it has content. When I sync it with my ipad 2, the cover is blank but there is no content. Out of 200 pages, maybe one page transfers over. The rest are just white blanks.

I transfered about 150 pdf files and this happened to maybe 25 of them.

How do I fix this. I deleted the files and reuploaded and resynced them but that didnt work.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome first of all!

Have you checked the iTunes books section. There is an option on there to check your front page picture, info etc... Haven't got my laptop at the moment but I'm sure someone can assist you in a minute.
On another thread, it was suggested you try emailing the book to the iPad and try opening it that way? My books doesn't synch anymore - thread
from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some PDF compression methods don't work on the iPad. This has been reported by a couple people who were using PDF textbooks.

The solution is to open the PDF on the computer, then use Save As to create a new file. Most of the time this will result in a larger file, but one that does not have the problematic compression.

On a Mac, Preview works fine for this. I'm less familiar with PDF software on Windows.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What about calibre TwerpPoet? I had to download that to change some of my books so I could read them on iTunes.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Woof woof.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What about calibre TwerpPoet? I had to download that to change some of my books so I could read them on iTunes.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Woof woof.

It might work. I've never tried to use it to convert PDF to PDF. If the PDF were mostly text it might even be able to make a decent ePub out of it.

Care to experiment and get back to us? :)

I don't use Calibre anymore. I use Stanza, for no good reason, just happens to be that last one I tried and it hasn't failed to work yet.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have access to it right now! You know teenagers and facebook, say no more! My laptop has been taken over by her and I have iPad!
Surely the OP needs to do it because how could I recreate their problem? I'll give it a go when/ if I get laptop back! No promises mind- pmt hormones

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I don't have access to it right now! You know teenagers and facebook, say no more! My laptop has been taken over by her and I have iPad!
Surely the OP needs to do it because how could I recreate their problem? I'll give it a go when/ if I get laptop back! No promises mind- pmt hormones

I wouldn't want to come between a teenager and her laptop. :)

I wasn't seriously trying to con you into the job, so no pressure. But if you do give a try I would like to know how it tuns out.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I wouldn't want to come between a teenager and her laptop. :)

I wasn't seriously trying to con you into the job, so no pressure. But if you do give a try I would like to know how it tuns out.

She won't let me have it. She's catching up on Vampire Diaries etc... I will let you know when she's asleep!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This was suggested by Peled

From time to time I too get Blank pages of what seems a perfect PDF - On the iPAD.
meaning on Windows 7 or XP it looks perfect. But the iPad doesn't like it.

So.
I use one of the trillion program that can create PDF files ( like Printer drivers as well) .
and then I copy them again to my iPad - and Walla !!
It looks fine.

If you take a look inside the properties of the PDF files, you will find that there are
all kind of versions.
I recall testing it, and coming up with a conclusion of a certain version iPad don't like.
Don't remember, since what the Heck...
I can always make it work any way.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll search for the e-mail from goodreader. I e-mailed them aboutmthis problem last year . I better start searching my mails now.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j0yful said:
I'll search for the e-mail from goodreader. I e-mailed them aboutmthis problem last year . I better start searching my mails now.

Oh, thanks Joy.

OP
I

Ipadee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your replies.

so after some research, i found the solution.

I downloaded adobe acrobat and opened the file in it. Saved is as .ps (postscript). Then resaved that file as .pdf and voila, when transfered over to the ipad, the pages were all there.

Most reactions

Latest posts