What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pasting an image to a new image

whodunit68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wondering if my question is so obvious that I'm missing it.

I want to create a new image with my iPad (Air if it matters) but I'd like to do it by pasting a copied image from somewhere else. I'd like to open some image editor or some other app, do the equivalent of File->New, and paste it. I would then save that image as a new image.

Here's the gig...I have a bunch of pdf's that I'm copying recipes from into a program (Menu Planner with recipes, shopping, etc, that allows me to put an image with the recipe (I'm currently trying out PepperPlate though also looking at HotPlate, Avocado, and PlanToEat.) I copy the image easy enough from my iPad but I can't do a "paste" in PepperPlate. It allows me to either take a new photo or grab one from my photo library. That's cool but I can't get the photo from the pdf to my photo library. PDF Extraction software exists...I found one but it extracts all of the images in the pdf. I don't want that as it would fill my iPad quickly. If there is some other way.....

Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably the easiest way would be to take a screen shot of the PDF (zoomed in if needed), crop if necessary in the Photos app, then paste into your other app as normal.

If you want a bit more control, you could use the Skitch app to open, crop, and even annotate your PDF before saving it to Photos.

If you are willing to get somewhat complicated you could probably automate part of the process using the Workflow app.

If those don't work as needed, let us know. I'm sure we can come up with some other ideas.

Most reactions

Latest posts