What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paste Instead of Keyboard

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sometimes, possibly in specific applications, when I touch an area that should bring up the keyboard, I get the Paste option instead and it seems impossible to get the keyboard. Any suggestions?

I have a new iPad Mini with that latest iOS.

I really like the iPad Mini by the way.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible that instead of just tapping where you want to input text, you're touching long enough for it to be interpreted as a 'touch & hold' by iOS - this would bring up the 'Select | Select All | Paste' menu?? If it happens again, try tapping when you see the 'Paste' menu - this should take away the menu and bring up the keyboard.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One application was BPMonitor but I don't think that was the only one. I have been careful to tap rather than tap/hold but that doesn't seem to help. I have also tried pasting, even to another application, still no luck. Eventually the problem goes away but I am not sure what does it.

Most reactions

Latest posts