What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password probs

sambucus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some time ago I updated the os on my air and was faced with a whole raft of questions,, most of which I could answer but I had forgotten my pass word. I go to the lost password page but the gmail address I used to register is now defunct. I then tried entering my birthdate but it was refused. Everything I try comes back to a request for my password. Is there anyway round this. I don't mind losing all my conten.

OP
S

sambucus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PLEASE read the post before replying. That way you will see that is the page that is giving me problems. thanks anyway,

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you set up security questions, or a rescue email address? In case you didn't, don't forget to do it next time you set up an ID. They help recovering ID or password.
With a rescue email address, the email which helps changing your password is also sent there.

If it's just the Apple ID where you don't remember the password, there's no problem when you go to Settings - iTunes & App Store, tap your Apple ID and sign out. It's possible to erase the iPad without problems, if you wish to do this.

If it's the iCloud ID, and the email address you've used back then isn't active any more, there's not really much you can do. Contact Apple, or take your device to the next Apple Retail Store. You'll need to prove that you purchased this iPad (billing).

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
PLEASE read the post before replying. That way you will see that is the page that is giving me problems. thanks anyway,
@sambucus... That post of yours did not appear to be quite at the top of the scale in posting friendliness.:confused:.
I too read your first post but nowhere in that do I see reference to the "Recover Your Apple ID - Apple" page suggested by scifan in a sincere attempt to assist you with what is giving you problems. There is a reference to "the lost password page" that you apparently went to but I think that would be hard to find and associate with the one suggested by scifan to be able to conclude the post was not read before replying.
And also, welcome to the forum.
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts