What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passbook????

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone else wondering what Passbook is all about, does it even work in the UK? Seems to be yet another useless app palmed off on my by Apple that I am unable to use/delete!

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Passbook will work fine in the UK if any merchants decide to support it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Andyvalver said:
I feel the same. What is this crap I can't delete lol

You can't delete the basic apps that are part of the iOS. All you can do is hide them in a folder where they won't be noticed.

Goavs18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated to IOS6 and had a question about passbook, is passbook only provided for Ipads with a cellular network? Because I am unable to locate it on my Ipad. I have an Ipad3 wifi.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated to IOS6 and had a question about passbook, is passbook only provided for Ipads with a cellular network? Because I am unable to locate it on my Ipad. I have an Ipad3 wifi.

No. I have Passbook on my iPod touch 4, which is wifi only.

Goavs18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I went out to the apple web support and found out that passbook is only available for iphone and Ipod touch.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Goavs18 said:
Ok, I went out to the apple web support and found out that passbook is only available for iphone and Ipod touch.

Yes, the iPhones 4s and 5 and the iPod touch 5th generation.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
iPod touch 4, too.

That's where I've been test driving iOS 6, on my touch 4.

I guess they felt that the feature would be best utilized on the smaller hand held devices. Imagine going to the movies and showing them your ticket on an iPad.;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess they felt that the feature would be best utilized on the smaller hand held devices. Imagine going to the movies and showing them your ticket on an iPad.;)

Lol. That's my thinking, too. But I read about people taking photos and doing barcode scanning with iPad, so apparently there are users who'd like Passbook on iPad, too.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Lol. That's my thinking, too. But I read about people taking photos and doing barcode scanning with iPad, so apparently there are users who'd like Passbook on iPad, too.

I've used a boarding pass on my iPod at the airport on a flight last November.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I have watched several "live" events on the tube recently (not going to name them for various reason) but I was surprised to see some Joe standing there taking either a video or photo on an iPad. If you put a camera on a tablet people are going to use it sooner or later. No matter how silly it looks or doubtful we are that folks will use it. I remember this one time I was doing some repairs at home...needed to place something, but didn't know what it was called...grabbed one of my Android tabs (not going to take my iPad out to the hardware store (lol)), took that photo, end up in HD and showed it to one of those experts. That larger screen made the difference, too, because several people ended up looking at it at the same time.

I do barcode scanning for my movie collection...easier to do that on a smaller device, IME. But I do find it harder to tell is a subject is in focus on my phone, but much easier on a tablet.

I look forward to having my "loyalty cards" all in PB. I hate having those in my wallet. This app will be a keeper if folk support it. Seems like some big names are already onboard....Target, Walgreens (these folks have strong app support), and several airlines. Of course, Fandango is there too. Smart.

I think PB will proved to be useful in the not distant future. Apple can make it happen.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used a boarding pass on my iPod at the airport on a flight last November.

Yes, I've used iPhone and my Android phone for boarding passes, Starbucks checkouts, membership discount scanning at Barnes & Noble.

Passbook has potential, but it will take more robust participation to make it really worthwhile. They've got to iron out how it works before turning off too many users. Already online, there are posts about how frustrating it can be to use.

Most reactions

Latest posts