What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passbook

Skysurferdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am confused about the purpose and functionality of Passbook. I have installed it but it doesn't seem to do anything. I put the starbucks app on my phone so I can pay for my coffee using my phone and I stumbled onto this in researching passbook as there seems to be some shared compatability between it and passbook. For the life of me I don't see it. How do I use passbook as an app to purchase tickets, etc? I just don't get it! HELP!!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Passbook is not an app to buy tickets, its a virtual wallet to keep your electronic tickets, passes, coupons in. Some airlines already have e tickets where when they email you the confirmation, you can click on an attachment and t will add the ticket/boarding pass to Passbook.

I cannot speak for the Starbucks app, but I would imagine they could use it for the frequent sippers type programs where you would scan the QR code in store to indicate the buying of a coffee and for the redemption of any rewards.

Most reactions