What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages of written sheet music...

ddepr1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Completely new here and seriously considering buying a few ipads for my musical group in order to eliminate lugging around huge music books. I was wondering how I would be able to load and organize more than 400 sheets of music (some just handwritten gibberish) into the Ipad. I am assuming that I would have to somehow scan the documents to get them in there. But I was wondering what the best practice to do this is. Not having an Ipad its hard to ask the proper questions. Will they scan in and fit the screen size? How can I organize the files? Alphabetically? Any info would be great. Would hate to spend this money to not have it work out.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the forScore app to file and view my music, many of them orchestral or piano music in PDF format -- forScore It has a number of features like bookmarking, adding annotations, etc, which makes it quite efficient to use. You'd have to scan your music into PDFs, of course.

For non-music PDFs, I use GoodReader, which also doubles as a defacto file management system (since iPad does a very limited film management system.)

OP
D

ddepr1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Dumb questions. How do i go about scanning them into PDFs directly to the Ipad? I do have a wireless scanner.

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most printer scanners these days have in their desktop management systems the ability to save scanned material into either single or multipage PDFs, and the ability to also name those PDF files as required.
After the creation of the PDF they then can be stored in the iBook app to recovered and read as required.
Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
OP
D

ddepr1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I downloaded Adobe reader but every time I scan something it goes into iphoto as a jpeg. How do I get it to go to a pdf? My printer/fax/scanner is an hp office jet 6500 wireless. I really can't see spending all this money on more than one ipad if I can't get info I need into a pdf.
Any help is MUCH appreciated!! Thank you!!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ddepr1217 said:
So I downloaded Adobe reader but every time I scan something it goes into iphoto as a jpeg. How do I get it to go to a pdf? My printer/fax/scanner is an hp office jet 6500 wireless. I really can't see spending all this money on more than one ipad if I can't get info I need into a pdf.
Any help is MUCH appreciated!! Thank you!!

Do an app store search for sheet music PDF. Does the lot hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions