What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages help please, change orientation

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello. I need to change the orientation of a Pages document to landscape. I looked under help and saw this message..
If you need to change the page orientation of a document, you can do so in Pages on your Mac.
I'm working on an iPad Air, I do not have a Mac. Surely this can't be right, that I can only create or change to a landscape document if I have another Apple computer?
If anyone can help I'd be grateful. Many thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nope. No way to do it directly. But there is a workaround that might be good enough.
  • In the original document tap-hold for the pop-up menu, Select All, then Copy.
  • Back out to the Documents view and create a new document with the Blank Landscape template.
  • Tap--hold in the blank document, then select Paste from the pop-up menu.
As long as the original isn't too complicated or huge, that should work. At least it did on the one document I tried.

OP
S

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for your help. I'm a bit confused (not difficult!), which is the original document you refer to? I could get an original landscape from a Word doc but not from a Mac as I don't have one
Also, where do I get a Blank Landscape doc? My Pages app doesn't seem to have that option!
I tried doing this with a Word doc, I emailed it, opened and saved in Pages. Made a duplicate copy, then put my own text in as I wanted it. When I printed, it came out in Portrait still!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The orignal document would be the one you want to conver to landscape; or am I missing something?

When you are in the Documents view, there is a Create Documuent option.

image.jpeg

One of the templates offered is a Blank Landscape. Choose it to create a new landscape oriented document.

image.jpeg

If you already have a document with the content you want, then open that document, select and copy all the contents (as sescribed before) then open the new landscape document and paste.

If what you wanted was a new landscape document, then you're done. Start typing.

Most reactions

Latest posts