What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pages equivalent

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
Well, at $7.99 it is less than the price of Pages & Numbers ($19.98)... and Pages and Numbers are also riddled with bugs right now, it is nearly impossible to open or import Excel or Word documents without some kind of error.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I am using Office2 HD and it is ok. But I think that office equivalents are the big app weakness right now. Someone has to make an app that will edit Office 2007/2010 files natively and maintain the majority of formating.

OP
M

mrdinh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what i really need...is a note app that i can attach text and images to and sync with either my desktop mac and/or ipad...i like the built in note app..but it doesn't do images and i can create notes on the desktop

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, at $7.99 it is less than the price of Pages & Numbers ($19.98)... and Pages and Numbers are also riddled with bugs right now, it is nearly impossible to open or import Excel or Word documents without some kind of error.

I have had no such issues....so far the only problem I have had with numbers is it closed on me while using it twice....and I use it weekly.

Are you just not using it and going on something you read or heard?

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com

I've tried opening about 50 various Microsoft Office documents (2003/2007) on the iPad on several occasions. Heavily formated pages or large documents seem to have the most issues, I've had about a 30% crash rate. With about 10% of the documents not opening at all... and ones that do open can have severe formatting issues. Conversely, when I've saved documents on the iPad and tried to open them in Office the formatting issues still exist, but are fewer.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've tried opening about 50 various Microsoft Office documents (2003/2007) on the iPad on several occasions. Heavily formated pages or large documents seem to have the most issues, I've had about a 30% crash rate. With about 10% of the documents not opening at all... and ones that do open can have severe formatting issues. Conversely, when I've saved documents on the iPad and tried to open them in Office the formatting issues still exist, but are fewer.

I've had no problems opening anything, maybe the update that released today will help.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is anyone still using Office² HD? How is it working out a year down the line? I'm looking for an App to work with Word docs and this seems like a well priced and reviewed option.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Another comparison was undertaken here....

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

Tim

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I have read that before but it doesn't go too into detail. It seems there is little in the way of a proper review of Office² HD and even the dev's website doesn't show the latest version that includes powerpoint support so any info out there seems to be old.

Most reactions

Latest posts