What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

page turning sensitivity for iBooks

davidl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to moderate the sensitivity to affect turning the pages in the iBook. I swear my finger has not touched the screen and as many as 15 pages turn before I get the deal stopped? I've owned the unit for about a month. So I'm a newbie. Thanks.

PSUMATT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue at first. You will get used to it. It is an acquired skill. :) now I love it.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've looked for a way to deal with unintended page turning - happening when I hold the iPad while reading. It is still an ackward manner in which I have to hold the pad and not get my fingers in a place on the edge where the page will flip.

iBooks is a great reader, in my estimation, but it does seem to lack (in the same manner that other areas of the operating system is lacking) that one little feature which would make handling the pad while reading, so much nicer... a way to change its page-turn action - such as poking a dot in the corner or something.

And while I'm at it (I'd say, "don't get me started" - but I'm self-starting sometimes), after using the iPad in landscape mode, with the home button on the right edge, the infrequent times I turn the pad to portrait, using the home button on the bottom becomes an inconvenience. It sure would be nice it there was another on the long side. Oh well....

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bingoldsby said:
I've looked for a way to deal with unintended page turning - happening when I hold the iPad while reading. It is still an ackward manner in which I have to hold the pad and not get my fingers in a place on the edge where the page will flip.

iBooks is a great reader, in my estimation, but it does seem to lack (in the same manner that other areas of the operating system is lacking) that one little feature which would make handling the pad while reading, so much nicer... a way to change its page-turn action - such as poking a dot in the corner or something.

And while I'm at it (I'd say, "don't get me started" - but I'm self-starting sometimes), after using the iPad in landscape mode, with the home button on the right edge, the infrequent times I turn the pad to portrait, using the home button on the bottom becomes an inconvenience. It sure would be nice it there was another on the long side. Oh well....

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

That's interesting. I rarely turn my iPad from portrait, save for Angry Birds and My Clinic. It's way too bulky and awkward not in protrait. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tonyheideman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aXflip flip maker may give you some help.It can convert some files into flipping book,It can change the number page by yourself.
Pls google aXflip to find our website

Most reactions

Latest posts