What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Page Scrolling in Safari

epoche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suggestions. When I scroll down a page in Safari I use my thumb along the right side to scroll; however, often times the screen turns blue signifying a copy/paste, not what I want to happen.

Using the text area to scroll one needs to be careful not to open a "hot" link to another web page.

Sure would be nice to have a wider right-side scroll area that isn't sensitive to a copy request.

Anyone else have same issue?

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yup, it is an annoyance, seems the screen is just to sensitive, would be nice to change the settings somehow to get around this.

Caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your holding your finger on the screen. Don't touch it unless your moving up or down the screen

OP
epoche

epoche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your holding your finger on the screen. Don't touch it unless your moving up or down the screen

Thanks. Got that, but if I want to do a slow scroll that is when blue screen occurs. Will try to be more conscious about moving finger up/down and not pausing.

Caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea the slow scroll is a lot harder. I normally flick it just a hair instead of the slow scroll

Limsan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes alli have to do is breath on the screen of this iPad and it turns blue and demands I 'copy' or at the very least let it 'speak'. it drives me to madness when I touch a link and the screen goes to rude mode and turns blue again instead ofw taking me to where I want to go! can anyone help with this very annoying option?

Most reactions

Latest posts