What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search on page in safari?

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

Is there any way I can search on a page within safari when browsing the web. I'm a pc user and I like the cltrF function and use it a lot... Hope there is something like it.

Also -
I' ve experienced difficulties when on certain web pages, fx blogger's dashboard and pinterest, where there is a scroll feature within the page , if that makes sense?... Like a box. It just can't scroll in there... Is there anything to do?

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello!

Is there any way I can search on a page within safari when browsing the web. I'm a pc user and I like the cltrF function and use it a lot... Hope there is something like it.

Sure is! In the search box, type in what you are looking for. At the bottom of the box, you'll see a line that says something like "on this page" ... Find "your search term". When you're ready to search, just press there versus Search on the keyboard.

Also -
I' ve experienced difficulties when on certain web pages, fx blogger's dashboard and pinterest, where there is a scroll feature within the page , if that makes sense?... Like a box. It just can't scroll in there... Is there anything to do?

Thanks

Use two fingers in the box to scroll around within it. Takes a bit of practice, but you'll get the hang of it ...

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
S

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much, now I love my ipad even more.

One more question: is there anyway to get 'arrow key' functions, ? When I want to erase something within a word fx, it's sometimes a bit hard to get to :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are no system settings for cursor keys. Some apps do add cursor keys to their keyboards, but thats something the developer has to do. Apple supplied the following touch method of cursor placement instead.

Tap and hold near where you want the cursor. A magnifying glass will appear. You can now drag your finger for more accurate placement of the cursor. Sometimes rocking the finger slightly will help with a tricky placement. If you place the cursor in the middle of a word you will get the option to select the word or all. Just start tying if you don't want to select. If you do select you'll get some more options.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, no arrow keys, unfortunately.

However, if you touch and hold your finger on a word/text, a little magnifying glass will pop up. Then, you can see better to put the cursor exactly where you want it.

Again, takes practice, but it ends up being pretty handy. Yeah, not as handy as arrow keys, :), but you goes with what you got, yeah?

Marilyn

P.S. Man, people here type fast! :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts