What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Listbox in Ipad Safari

apffal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using Ipad Safari, I cannot get listboxes ("select" tag) auto scroll in my web page.
Is there a solution for that ?

Thanks in advance

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may not completely understand your question but, in Safari, to scroll in these boxes you need to use the two-finger scroll gesture. i.e. to scroll with two fingers at once rather than one.

If I've misunderstood your question, please accept my apology.

Tim

OP
A

apffal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I´m not explained enough.
In all browsers (Safari for desktop included), when I insert an item to listbox, it expands / scrolls automatically showing these items.
Not so in Safari for Ipad : I need to tap listbox for browsing items inside it.
I´ve read Safari mobile does not support listboxes and changes it to dropdown lists.
No solution for that ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This probably won't help, but if you can provide an example site (one anyone can go to without a login), maybe we can experiment a bit.

OP
A

apffal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I´m not able to post links unless my post count is 3 or greater

OP
A

apffal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now, I can send a link as example Juros

That's a program for calculating interest.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I checked it out. Everything works the same in mobile Safari as on computer except for the lists labeled 'Parcelas'. They look like empty menus instead of lists. You have to tap on them to see the list, which is then scrollable in the pop-up menu. Until you perform a calculation, they are empty, but they store each result.

You can even select the result and have them display as the menu choice. Weird.

Of the three other browsers I tried only Puffin displayed the page the same (or close enough) as the desktop. Since Puffin actually runs the page via a remote server using a desktop browser, I shouldn't be surprised. Other Flash enabled browsers will probably work as well.

Note, this is not because the page uses Flash, it is because the remote servers are running desktop versions of a web browser.

So, you can either use Puffin or something like, or just tap on the item to see the list instead of having it displayed automatically.

OP
A

apffal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, the solution is to change the browser - not the javascript / html code.
Thank you, anyway !

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. I didn't realize you were trying to create a site, not just view one. I don't have an answer for you. I'm afraid my web page skills are somewhat atrophied due to iWeb, and I never did learn javascript.

Most reactions

Latest posts