What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Own 1Password Pro for iPhone, Don't buy 1Password for iPad

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The info below is taken from the developer's blog.
After some lengthy Agile board room meetings, dry erase boards filled to the brim with really, really important diagrams, back-to-back PowerPoint Keynote presentations, and vigorous focus group testing, we decided how 1Password for iPad pricing will work by flipping a coin. Ok, just kidding about the coin thing. And the dry erase boards.

1Password for iPad will cost just $6.99. We built this version specifically for iPad owners who do not plan on owning an iPhone or iPod touch. It has a gorgeous interface that was designed exclusively for the iPad, which you can get an early peek at in our previous iPad posts.

1Password Pro will contain both iPad and iPhone versions for users who own both devices. Once Apple approves the update we submitted along with our iPad-only version, 1Password Pro will sell for $14.99, though this upgrade is free to current owners (right now 1Password Pro is a steal for $8.99!). 1Password Pro already includes some great features over the standard iPhone version, like Folders and support for copying multiple items to Safari. In future updates, 1Password Pro will gain even more exclusive features, such as wireless sync via MobileMe and WebDAV, as well as Favorites for easy access to frequently used items.

1Password standard will sell for $6.99 from now on and will not gain the iPad interface.

AlexK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gee that would have been nice to know. I already own 1Password for the iPhone, but bought the iPad version before I saw this. I should have bought 1Password Pro. I guess I'll buy the Pro version now, rather than wait when the price goes to $14.99. Maybe there should be some in app purchases available to upgrade to the various versions?

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
Thanks for the heads up, I've been contemplating the purchase of this app for the million user accounts and passwords my wife and I have. Do you all recommend it?

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a Mac, I highly recommend it. 1password works with every browser and the app itself is very well done. The developers update it often and most updates are free.

If you are thinking about using it only on the iPad, I am probably not the one to ask. I enter all my data into it on my mac. So far I have only used the iPad app when I need to go to a website that I don't remember my password for. (All my banking online accounts have random characters for passwords.) Without 1password, I would be lost.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the iPhone version, decided to download the iPad version and like it more. The full screen interface is awesome. I do not have it on my Mac yet, will have to do that. Once I do that I will like the idea of the two being able to sync.

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
Thanks to both of you for the feedback. Like brhon, I don't have a Mac as my main computer (loving win7) I do have a Mac mini I've been toting with, maybe I ought to try it there. Thanks again for the valuable feedback.

Most reactions