What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our tmobile contract is finally up. What carrier would you use

Pridetv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So our family has an iPad and two blackberries. We are trying to decide what carrier to go with that could take the iPad service and get us a couple of good smart phones. I would love to hear what the forum thinks

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd go with verizon... Get a verizon mifi and you've got 3G coverage almost everywhere. As for smart phones, I'd say go to verizon because I can tell you for certain that they are coming out with some very good smart phones within the next 2 and a half months... Very good smart phones.

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it really depends on your area and what areas you often visit. For me, Tmobile works best and ATT is bad where I go. I also don't like ATT's pricing structure.

as for smart phones, I'm very pleased with G2 but I also liked the galaxy s. I don't really need a iphone because 1) ATT and I already have other iDevices.

OP
P

Pridetv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Do i have to do anything different to get my iPad to work with verizon mifi. It is 32gig 3G?

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I honestly don't understand the hype with verizon mifi. As a sprint mifi user its great for a device without a built in device.. but a whole other device to carry and care for?? Seriously?? I could understand if in your area AT&T 3G service sucks but why not try that first then complain about AT&T sucks or you hate AT&T and whatever else you feel to complain about as if other cell companies don't have the same exact issue, which they do.

I say try the 3G on your iPad. If it works good, then AT&T is good for you. And just so you know, verizon data pricing structure is worse than AT&T data wise..

I personally like AT&T service in my area. It's quick and yet to fail me. I have tmobile on my iPhone and that's great, though edge is slow.. But I've been wihh them for 5 years for personal use. AT&T and sprint and verizon for business.

I would go AT&T if I felt like it. But I'm happy with tmobile.

All cell carriers offer a 30 day trial so why not use it? Search for the phone you like/want and whoever is the carrier, just go with it. You'll know in two weeks If service is good for you or not. If not, try the next wanted phone on the next carrier, and so on.

Last edited:

Dahabi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had sprint for about 10 years and no complaints at all...plus they have the best phones. I.e. Evo, Epic...

Most reactions

Latest posts