What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ouch.... EE's new data plan is pricey for UK 4G service

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot from tech radar website for EE's new UK 4g service.
£36 for 500mb!!!!

I pay £15 per month for 10gb 3G and no other company can match it so far.

£36 for 500mb is like watching just two hours on the bbc iplayer then it's gone.

See the full reported data tariffs in the screenshot below.

Attachments

• image-3178195433.jpg
    image-3178195433.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 285

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like they figure it's going to be a Cash Cow and they're prepared to milk it for all they can get. I would be very interested to know exactly what their costs in providing this service will be. Profit margin through the roof is my guess.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They will probably be regulated by OFTEL, who will respond to complaints of profiteering at about the same speed as a glacier heading downhill in Saskatchewan.

They will make a killing until they get a slap of the wrist, and get told to reduce their prices by about 0.25%.

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
They will probably be regulated by OFTEL, who will respond to complaints of profiteering at about the same speed as a glacier heading downhill in Saskatchewan.

They will make a killing until they get a slap of the wrist, and get told to reduce their prices by about 0.25%.

Hit the nail on the head there. I wouldn't pay £56 for unlimited broadband let alone 8gb of 4G. I guess there will be a few suckers who want the bragging rights and will get it because they have too. But I'm hoping the majority of sensible folk will wait and demand a price drop. Maybe we can teach them a lesson for future services. I'm happy with 3G and use it all the time. I get good speeds and rarely notice any delay in opening pages anymore. So for £41 more per month I could open my email attachments 2 seconds earlier........... Il miss this one I think.

asemmi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
therealriley said:
Here's a screenshot from tech radar website for EE's new UK 4g service.
£36 for 500mb!!!!

I pay £15 per month for 10gb 3G and no other company can match it so far.

£36 for 500mb is like watching just two hours on the bbc iplayer then it's gone.

See the full reported data tariffs in the screenshot below.

Giffgaff can more than match it.
With a tenner you get unlimited Internet, 250 mins and unlimited texts for the month.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the high download speeds of LTE and the monthly data limits imposed by the carriers, it's like driving a Lamborghini on the Autobahn at full throttle with only one liter of fuel in the tank. You're not going to get very far.

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could theoretically use your monthly data allowance in 7 minutes (500mb @ ~10 megabits/second)

£5 a min, what a bargain.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts