What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Otter box

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When is the Otter box coming out for the iPad because I will be getting one for sure.

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never had one of these covers on any of my electronics, but have heard good things about them.

Cya

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my industry you learn to know who makes tough cases. Trouble is, they are never cheap. The best cases may cost almost as much as the iPad itself. The Pelican can cost from $62 to $150 depending on vendor and options. But whenever I find time to go back to boating, I plan on getting one.

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have metal cases for tools. Although they are the best protection casing, after a while they look stupid and ughly with all the dents... but that's my tastes... :shrug:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because cases like these are clues that what is inside is valuable, I like to keep them inside a standard storage bag during travel. Of course, I do things a little differently. I have one large tackle box that has been my electrical tool box for years. And a small tackle box I modify into a portable laboratory. A lot cheaper than the dedicated boxes that do the same thing, and they often are handier.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because cases like these are clues that what is inside is valuable, I like to keep them inside a standard storage bag during travel. Of course, I do things a little differently. I have one large tackle box that has been my electrical tool box for years. And a small tackle box I modify into a portable laboratory. A lot cheaper than the dedicated boxes that do the same thing, and they often are handier.
I"ve done the tackle box too but they were a little flimsy for heavy tools.

When I built and repaired sailboats 20 years ago, I lost expensive tools to the water. After that I've used big coolers as toolboxes. They would float for a while before sinking, leaving ample time for retrieval. The trick was to make sure it was properly closed at each tool use.

Polyethylene would be my number one choice for a case. Cheap, resistant and practical.

Most reactions

Latest posts