What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS 4.2 Upgrade Problem

jkoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I know that there are several threads on this issue, but I just need to start a new thread on this problem.
I have tried upgrading my OS from 3.2.1 to 4.2 three times but on all 3 occasions, after the download is completed and installation actually started, it stopped and report "Connection Lost ..."
It is a huge file to download for a start.
Any help .. I desperately need the upgrade as some of the apps that I have purchased only works with the new OS.
I am on Kaspersky Internet Security, Window 7 Pro, and Broadband connection.
Please .. please help me.
Thanks .. John

celsius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I know that there are several threads on this issue, but I just need to start a new thread on this problem.
I have tried upgrading my OS from 3.2.1 to 4.2 three times but on all 3 occasions, after the download is completed and installation actually started, it stopped and report "Connection Lost ..."
It is a huge file to download for a start.
Any help .. I desperately need the upgrade as some of the apps that I have purchased only works with the new OS.
I am on Kaspersky Internet Security, Window 7 Pro, and Broadband connection.
Please .. please help me.
Thanks .. John
Disable all virus and firewall.
Do not run anything else (there may be programs running in the background) before it is finished.

Then try again, and again.
You will get ther finally.

OP
J

jkoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OS Upgrade Problem

Hi,
Thks much for the inputs.
I will try as you have suggested. I am not giving up.
I am not getting any help from Apple website.
Will update you as soon as I have succeeded.
Again, thks for the suggestion.
Rgds .. John

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue some time ago and the solution I found (maybe it was even here!) was to delete your temporary Internet files and then try again.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have Wi-Fi Sync installed on your computer? It will keep you from being able to upgrade and restore any iOS device!

drownhardy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 4.2 is a little different from previous iOS updates because it brings the iPad inline with the operating system version running on the iPhone and iPod touch. That means that iPad users finally get to try out multi-tasking and folder management for apps, just like iPhone and iPod touch users have been doing ever since iOS 4 was first released. This also marks a change that at least some iPad owners won’t be happy with: The iPad’s rotation lock switch is changing to a mute switch to match the iPhone. There isn’t any way for users to decide which feature they prefer, but at least the rotation lock is still available through the less convenient software switch, just as it is on the iPhone. iOS 4.2 is compatible with the iPad, and all but the first generation iPhone and iPod touch models. Some features like multi-tasking aren’t available on the iPhone 3G or second generation iPod touch, and HDR photo support requires an iPhone 4.

Most reactions