What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail downloading problem after OS 4.2 upgrade

Larry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After upgrading to OS 4.2, e-mail downloading (IMAP account) has changed. It only downloads about 7-8 e-mails and indicates there are 13,000+ more to download. Actually, there are only another 30 or so still on server. Pressing the download link only downloads a single day's e-mails (1-3) and the number still to download remains unchanged. Closing the e- mail program and reopening it simply repeats the problem described.

Help!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you gone to settings and changed the settings on your mail account to sync more than one day?

OP
L

Larry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My settings are to "push" for downloads and current e-mail is being downloaded properly. It is just that only 10 messages downloaded while my server has about 35 messages and it now indicates that I have >14000 messages, total. I can download all of the remaining 35 messages but still hae the message tht there are >14000 still to download and if I close the mail app and re-open it, only the first 10 messages are downloaded. Do you think the solution is to delete this account and start it up again?

OP
L

Larry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please see the quick reply - any thoughts would be appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts