What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS 10.3.3 Update

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why does my Ipad4 state that my software is upto date as IOS 10.3.3, when my wife's iPad has updated to IOS 11.0.2. I don't have the option to update?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad 4 is not compatible with iOS 11, it doesn’t get the update.

Your wife’s iPad seems to be a different device: iPad Air, or iPad Pro. Those are able to update to iOS 11.

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you,...presumably I will get no more updates in the future?

If I were to purchase a new iPad,could I have two iPads available, the old with with its current apps/photos and the new with future apps/photos and also becoming my email device,using my existing Apple ID/Access on both devices.

Would I be able to connect either device to my iMac?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that’s possible. iTunes can handle more than one iDevice.

Apple might release a security update for this generation of iPads later on, if necessary. That happened once before, for devices running iOS 6, and not compatible with iOS 7.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes to all your questions! I kept my iPad 2 when I bought an iPad Air 2. They, together with my iPhone, all work happily with my MacBook.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you,...presumably I will get no more updates in the future?

If I were to purchase a new iPad,could I have two iPads available, the old with with its current apps/photos and the new with future apps/photos and also becoming my email device,using my existing Apple ID/Access on both devices.

Would I be able to connect either device to my iMac?

Yes to all your questions! I kept my iPad 2 when I bought an iPad Air 2. They, together with my iPhone, all work happily with my MacBook.

@ Nael - of course, the other option if you really do not need to have 2 iPads to track is to simply make a backup (iTunes and/or iCloud) of your old iPad and then do a restoration to the new one (get enough storage on the new device) - I did the same as Jupiter., i.e. went from an iPad 2 to an Air 2 but I restored to the new device, and reset and sold the old one online - did not feel the need to have both, but a personal decision. Dave :)

P.S. I'll probably purchase a new iPad Pro for the holidays which will replace my Air 2 and will do the same, i.e. sell the old one online.

Most reactions

Latest posts