What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Original Zaggmate with iPad 2

bulldognyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got my iPad 2 and hate the fact that it won't fit into the Zaggmate that I got 4 months ago.

I put foam that would normally go around windows (insulation foam) on the inner edge of the zaggmate and it fit snug for a little bit. Of course, I didn't last long.

A case for the iPad 2, like a thin fit gel case, has to make the iPad 2 snug in the original case. It has to!!!

Does anyone have any ideas?

I appreciate it.

OP
B

bulldognyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Original iPad measurements:
9.56×7.47×.528 in (243×190×13.4 mm)

iPad 2 measurements:
9.5×7.31×.346 in (240×186×8.8 mm)

Difference:
0.06×0.16×.182 in (3×4×4.6 mm)

Now...I think a gel case, maybe any case, that is thin and makes up the difference in size would fit inside the ZaggMate.

Any ideas about cases that you own or know of that could make up this difference?

THERE HAS TO BE ONE!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I relocated this to 'iPad Help' with a permanent re-direct; I was hoping you'd get more response there..

Tim

OP
B

bulldognyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought this...what do you guys think?

I think it actually may work!

Any thoughts?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was half joking, though I do think it has a good chance of working. Even if it doesn't it's pretty cool, and should still be useful as a stand.

OP
B

bulldognyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
haha....i thought you were serious and even considered it!!

You know what it is...the new case is great, I'm fully capable of buying it. I just don't feel like getting another skinit back cover and another front cover...so on so forth.

iPhone once a year...cool...4 months for a new ZaggMate urks me for some reason!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm just sticking with and Apple bluetooth keyboard. I don't need it that often and it makes a good spare for the computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts