What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Original iPad 1 to Mini?

titusc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes just got my iPad Mini. It's the lightest and thinnest device out there. You can hold it all day long without getting strained and is the perfect form factor for typing using the on screen keyboard. Resolution is a bit low compared to even iPhone 4 however.

OP
DavidNM

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all for your input and advice. I also appreciate the Belkin $4 tip for the adapters. I'll be taking my iPad 1 and giving it to my daughter (along with the Zagg keyboard/cover for her to use at school. I thought I read out there that there was some kind of SD card adapter or something like that - but didn't see any in the specs. Oh well - well see - assuming that Santa thinks that I've been good this year - and that's a scary thought.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DavidNM said:
Thanks all for your input and advice. I also appreciate the Belkin $4 tip for the adapters. I'll be taking my iPad 1 and giving it to my daughter (along with the Zagg keyboard/cover for her to use at school. I thought I read out there that there was some kind of SD card adapter or something like that - but didn't see any in the specs. Oh well - well see - assuming that Santa thinks that I've been good this year - and that's a scary thought.

You are thinking of the camera connection kit. It will read the SD card from your camera and let you transfer all or any selection of photos from the card to your iPad.

OP
DavidNM

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are thinking of the camera connection kit. It will read the SD card from your camera and let you transfer all or any selection of photos from the card to your iPad.

K - thanks. I have the connection kit - and am a photographer - so I'll buy the converter/connecter and use as usual.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DavidNM said:
K - thanks. I have the connection kit - and am a photographer - so I'll buy the converter/connecter and use as usual.

That might not work. I would test it out in the AppleStore before buying the adaptor. They do make lightning versions of the components of the camera connection kit, but they're not sold together. You have to buy the two pieces separately.

Most reactions

Latest posts