What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered from Apple online!

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thought some might want to know who were still thinking of ordering for whatever reason that I just ordered online & it gave me a delievery date of April 13th w/ the other date (can't think of what to call it, when the order is put in? processed?) of April 6th. I decided to do it this way because I get 6% back using my Discover card. I'm excited to try out my 1st Apple product!

socalpimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my god...1 month? I walked into Best Buy and got 2 of them...they have 18 months interest free as well.

MarbellaSD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, my, now I'm sorely tempted to rush out and get one as well. But I haven't decided whether to go with Verizon or AT&T. Need to confirm that the Verizon model is dual band like the iPhone 4/4S, for overseas travel.

OP
M

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, I guess it's just the perspective of who is buying it. I didn't think that was too bad considering how many people want them. It's not convenient for me right now to try to get my hands on one in person quickly due to my work. I don't need to finance it & could buy it w/ cash right now if I wanted, but I like to save money when possible & to get my cash rewards I have to purchase it online w/ my certain credit card. It's going to be engraved & I'll be antsy to get it while I wait, but no big deal! To each their own! :thumbs:

MarbellaSD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, my, now I'm sorely tempted to rush out and get one as well. But I haven't decided whether to go with Verizon or AT&T. Need to confirm that the Verizon model is dual band like the iPhone 4/4S, for overseas travel.

To update: I called Best Buy to ask if VZ's model is CDMA and GSM, and was by a supposed person in the know (not the one who answered my call) told no, it's capable but not unlocked. And that the iPhone 4S wasn't either, although it was advertised that it was. Didn't sound right to me, so this morning I called VZ, and the person with whom I spoke confirmed that the new iPad and the iPhone 4S are indeed compatible on both CDMA and GSM abroad; they are unlocked. (The Verizon Wireless Web site also said that is the case, when I used their travel planner tool.) As others have commented elsewhere, the AT&T model has a removable SIM card, whereas the VZ model does not.

So, I can upgrade my 16G iPad1 3G with either the new iPad 4G (32G) with either VZ or AT&T or a used iPad 2 32G 3G with AT&T (the VZ iPad2 is not dual band). Would love some input from others!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MarbellaSD said:
To update: I called Best Buy to ask if VZ's model is CDMA and GSM, and was by a supposed person in the know (not the one who answered my call) told no, it's capable but not unlocked. And that the iPhone 4S wasn't either, although it was advertised that it was. Didn't sound right to me, so this morning I called VZ, and the person with whom I spoke confirmed that the new iPad and the iPhone 4S are indeed compatible on both CDMA and GSM abroad; they are unlocked. (The Verizon Wireless Web site also said that is the case, when I used their travel planner tool.) As others have commented elsewhere, the AT&T model has a removable SIM card, whereas the VZ model does not.

So, I can upgrade my 16G iPad1 3G with either the new iPad 4G (32G) with either VZ or AT&T or a used iPad 2 32G 3G with AT&T (the VZ iPad2 is not dual band). Would love some input from others!

I thought I read that Verizon iPad DOES have a removable SIM!! I would double check!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

hscsusiq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I thought I read that Verizon iPad DOES have a removable SIM!! I would double check!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

My 64g Verizon has a removable sim card

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hscsusiq said:
My 64g Verizon has a removable sim card

Good!!

OP
M

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has moved my date up! Delivery date was April 11th. Now it says from April 2-9. Hopefully 2nd!

Most reactions

Latest posts