What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order 3G from Apple by June 6th

wkramer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has advertised on its website that if you order a 3G by June 6th that you will still be able to get the unlimited data plan. My order is back in. It does not have to be in hand on the 7th to take advantage of the plan. :):)

packaok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thebudgetgeek.com
Thank you Apple and AT&T!!! You actually did the right thing for your customers, so I give credit where credit is due.

Mine is "Packaged For Shipment" and should be here next week. Can't wait!

mrnoshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my Ipad wifi/3g on 6/2/10. I guess this might be a question more suited for Apple or AT&T but I will ask anyways...do you think the firmware will still have the option to choose unlimited 3g(since it is before June 6th) or do you think we will have to call AT&T for that and say Apple guaranteed this on their website?

JoAnne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my Ipad wifi/3g on 6/2/10. I guess this might be a question more suited for Apple or AT&T but I will ask anyways...do you think the firmware will still have the option to choose unlimited 3g(since it is before June 6th) or do you think we will have to call AT&T for that and say Apple guaranteed this on their website?

Good question. I am just assuming that they would have a way for us who ordered before June 6. Any way is good for me as long as I get the Unlimited Plan. :)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I read that you would need to sign up directly through AT&T, not on the iPad, if will be receiving it after the changes take place.

mrnoshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spoke to Apple today and they said that they have worked it out to show the option on the Ipad to choose the unlimited plan for those who qualified. :)

packaok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thebudgetgeek.com
My iPad, a 32GB 3G model, will be arriving on Wednesday of this week. Last night, we went ahead and ordered one for my wife as well, a 16GB 3G model, so that it, too, can be grandfathered into the unlimited plan. Again, I want to thank Apple and AT&T for doing right by the customer and not allowing the iPad shortage to prevent us from getting grandfathered in. The unlimited plan was one of the major reasons that we went for the 3G iPad instead of the wi-fi model and Verizon MiFi.

Samurai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine 6/5 will get it 6/24 well beyond the 6/7 cut-off. I hope I got in under the wire - that's why I pulled the trigger when I did.

mrnoshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Ordered mine 6/5 will get it 6/24 well beyond the 6/7 cut-off. I hope I got in under the wire - that's why I pulled the trigger when I did."

You should be ok...I got mine today...3 days early - yay!
And as noted above, everything is all good as far as the unlimited 3G service. I actually had 3 choices... 250MB, 2GB or Unlimited...signed up without any problems...all is good :)

denmiller60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ANYONE THINK AT&T WILL CANCEL UNLIMITED OPTION SOONER RATHER THAN LATER FOR ALL OF US?
I'm relieved to read that the unlimited option is readily available on iPad sign-up for those of us who bought before 6/7. However, I'm not sure I'll keep mine, coming 6/22 (tomorrow). I got one of the April 3rd wi-fi's, 64 mb, and love it. I figured I'd wait until the next gen to get the 3G but rushed buying one to qualify for the unlimited option. I even got a new iMac 21.5" 3.06 Ghz, 8 megs ram so I could sync the iPad (had a G5 iMac), and I LOVE the upgrade -- what a screen. I wish I didn't love technology so much I can be "pushed" into buying before I'd planned. I don't even know if I'll need 3G and it's slower speeds! Whoa is me ;-)

snug as a bug in a rug with 42" plasma at the foot of the living room daybed, widescreen HD iMac to my right on a stool, and my iPad at my fingertips to carry with me wherever I go ...
This is the perfect retirement dream come true.

drmanny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine 3g 64 gb on June 4th, Received it today.
There is no option for unlimited GB on signing up screen for At&T
on hold with AT&T....does any one have a solution

JoAnne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same with me - no option on the iPad for the Unlimited plan. )ordered mine 6/4). I called AT&T tonight and got directed to a number. Unfortunately, I have to call the number back during normal office hrs. I hope that works. It would have been better if the option was still in the iPad. . . :(

Samurai

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same with me - no option on the iPad for the Unlimited plan. )ordered mine 6/4). I called AT&T tonight and got directed to a number. Unfortunately, I have to call the number back during normal office hrs. I hope that works. It would have been better if the option was still in the iPad. . . :(

AT&T looks like they are pulling a fast one. They need to publicize the alternative sign-up for unlimited if they have one.

My Ipad (getting it tomorrow) will go right back if there is no unlimited access - I'll get one at a later date in that case.

Most reactions