What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order 2 x iPad and order got canceled

Krypty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I ordered yesterday a 32Gb and 16Gb for my dad from the iStore and now a few minutes ago I get a email that they have canceled my order.

The reason: To ensure that all customers are given equal opportunity to acquire this product they have limited the amount per customer.

I think this is total BS.

Have any of you had this problem and how have you resolved it?

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you should have gave two addresses and two name so the registration would be a lot better for you.

Al

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I ordered yesterday a 32Gb and 16Gb for my dad from the iStore and now a few minutes ago I get a email that they have canceled my order.

The reason: To ensure that all customers are given equal opportunity to acquire this product they have limited the amount per customer.

They are trying to do the fair thing.
No swearing please post edited

Last edited by a moderator:

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought two is unreasonable. When preordering was made available in the UK you were able to order two per address. I ordered one from the Apple store and bought another from PC World.

If you don't me saying jimt29, a rather abusive reply:(

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score

They are trying to do the fair thing. Maybe your selfish attitude "is total bullshit".

Why is he being selfiesh? They arent both for him. Limiting it to 1 per household seems a bit of a silly idea.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perhaps they already had your address.
These two would have made 3 (checks fingers)......knew they had a policy from the start limiting the number we could buy individually.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my iPad on Wednesday, it is on back-order because of the shortage of LCD displays from LG. I might receive it by mid August.

I think is is perfectly fair for Apple to limit "one per customer" during this shortage to give everyone a chance to get one.

Mjhudston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
believe it or not, it's up to them to decide who they sell them too. The don't have to sell them after all.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought two is unreasonable. When preordering was made available in the UK you were able to order two per address. I ordered one from the Apple store and bought another from PC World.

If you don't [mind] me saying jimt29, a rather abusive reply:(

You are right King Hal, it was a little abusive.

But.... I'm neither for or against the policy. I just took issue with the "total bs" comment. For this I apologize.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has made no bones about the difficulty they are having getting enough screens that pass their quality requirements. They are adding more and more countries that they sell to, and the demand does not let up. Creates a difficult problem for Apple, which most companies envy. It is not BS that they make this restriction, just bad luck for some. There are ways to get around the problem if you want it bad enough.

OP
K

Krypty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Shipping is to Florida so I guess they are limiting all US stock now.

I have replied to them as I see they have already deducted the money from my account for the full order.

Last edited:

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read a blog last week quoting two LG executives that LG can not keep up with screen demand and they would run dry by the end of summer. It's starting to look like end of summer is within site :confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts