What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orangutans Love Their iPads!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
orangutans_video_chat.JPG

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard about orangutans enjoying their iPads, but if I recall, when the last orangutans and iPads story was in the news, it was two years ago when the iPad was in its infancy and a lot more basic than the flashy new Retina display model that we have now. Time and technology has moved on, and so have the orangutans, it would seem, as according to a report on Yahoo! News today, some lucky orangutans at the Milwaukee Zoo are about to start having video calls with fellow orangutans at other zoos and wildlife preserves. The orangutans at the zoo already enjoy playing with their iPads, with a young male called Mahal using his tongue to play his favourite song, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on the iPad, as well as using one of the drawing apps. They’ve also greatly enjoyed watching videos of other orangutans, and now their keepers are hoping they’ll have even more fun on live video “play dates†with orangutans at other zoos.

“It could be they don’t care at all,†said the zoo’s primate coordinator, Trish Kahn. “But from what I understand of them, I think they’re definitely going to be able to understand this is real time and they’re looking at another orangutan.â€

Yahoo! News said that the primate building at the zoo is getting Wi-Fi installed for the sole purpose of letting the orangutans have live video chats on their iPads, and the public will also be able to watch the sessions on web cam. Excellent stuff!

Source: Going ape for apps: young orangutan plays with iPad - Yahoo! News
Via The Verge

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hee Hee. Our relatives sure do know what pleases them.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts