What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening PowerPoint attachments ,but no sound .....

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,I just made a presentation using my desktop computer,and MS PowerPoint program.I am able to listen to the embedded audio music file,but when I download the presentation to my iPad2,it will not play the sound.
Is there any app that will correct this problem?
Thanks

Alberto

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Microsoft has released a PowerPoint app for the iPad. While you won't be able to create, edit, or present the files without an Office 365 account, you should be able to view/play them.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-powerpoint-for-ipad/id586449534?mt=8

I don't know if your sound will work with the app, but Microsoft's app should have highest compatibility. Another words, if it doesn't work in Microsoft's app it's probably not going to work anywhere.

Though you could also try importing the file into Apple's Keynote app and see what happens, if you already own it.

OP
A

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What application are you using on the iPad?

I am using what is offered to me ,which is Open in Dropbox or One Drive.
Today I am using the PowerPoint app for iPads,that I just installed,but still I have no sound in any of these apps.
Thanks for the answer

Alberto

OP
A

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microsoft has released a PowerPoint app for the iPad. While you won't be able to create, edit, or present the files without an Office 365 account, you should be able to view/play them. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-powerpoint-for-ipad/id586449534?mt=8 I don't know if your sound will work with the app, but Microsoft's app should have highest compatibility. Another words, if it doesn't work in Microsoft's app it's probably not going to work anywhere. Though you could also try importing the file into Apple's Keynote app and see what happens, if you already own it.

The sound works now,in my desktop,after I found out that Microsoft PowerPoint will not allow you to use mp3s (???),but there is a way around to fool the program into believing I am using a wav file ( how retrograd this is,and coming from the " innovators" at Microsoft!!!)

Anyways,I installed the app you suggested,but I still can not make the sound to work on my iPad.
I have to get to know the app yet though.......
Thanks

Alberto

golddust34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the file format of the audio? That could be the factor. I know the iPad won't handle a .wav file. Another app you might try is the Kingsoft Office suite app. It's free and will run MS Office files - don't know about the audio though.

OP
A

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the file format of the audio? That could be the factor. I know the iPad won't handle a .wav file. Another app you might try is the Kingsoft Office suite app. It's free and will run MS Office files - don't know about the audio though.

The format is Mp3,and,after I learned Microsoft will not allow tthe use the Mp3 format ( ???) I found the way around it reserching the internet.
I will investigate what you suggested,
Thanks and regards

Alberto

Most reactions