What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

<< open with? >>

Hatuey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello iUsers,

I would like to know if it is possible to use or setup the "open with" option when viewing email attachments. I used three email clients: from Apple, GMail app and iMailG app. The three use, always, they build-in viewer, that in many times isn't as good as an specific app.

Regards,

Hatuey
IPad2 happy user :)

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hatuey said:
Hello iUsers,

I would like to know if it is possible to use or setup the "open with" option when viewing email attachments. I used three email clients: from Apple, GMail app and iMailG app. The three use, always, they build-in viewer, that in many times isn't as good as an specific app.

Regards,

Hatuey
IPad2 happy user :)

some apps have a built in compatibility mode for "open with" option on your email .. depending on the type of file you like to view, just choose / install the app that has such compatibilty mode ... the app will show when you flick "open with" on your email ... i hope this is what you're looking for ...

OP
H

Hatuey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!

It is working for the Apple email App :), but not for the Google App neither for the iMailG :(

Hatuey

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i do not use google app nor imailG .. so i do not know whether "open with" feature works in them or not ..... but it might be that "open-with" is a specific feature only available on apple stock email app ..

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts