What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opad external storage

zurctra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am running out of space on my ipad and looking around for an external storage/external hard drives. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seagate Goflex, cloudftp, airstash A02, hyperdrive. I have the airstash and a couple of 32 GB SDHC cards. Small, light, apps can write / read from it. Movies stream from it (at least 3 at once). Any app that talks WebDAV can read/write from it. 7 hrs battery life. Can move pics to/from it using app. Charge using usb charger like the one for your iPad/iPhone. Charge in your car while streaming movies to kids with ipads in back. All day operation.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Goflex Satellite, 500gb. 7 hours battery life or you can use it whilst charging. Much the same as the Air Stash, streaming, read/write. I would recommend it.

OP
Z

zurctra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for all the responses. I think i will go with goflex. Watched the demo in youtube.

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the goflex 500gb and its a nice little devices...but the battery is a let down if you watch show in hd 1080P.

Sent from my iPad 4G

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Big samm said:
I have the goflex 500gb and its a nice little devices...but the battery is a let down if you watch show in hd 1080P.

Sent from my iPad 4G

Hi Big Samm, I agree. I have had the GoFlex for ten days and it has spent more time refilling its battery than actually playing. The product description says five hours of playtime, that is true. I suppose I'm spoiled by iPad's battery capacity of ten hours.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, the various devices each have their pros and cons...it is a good idea to keep them in mind in light of how you will use them.

One reason I got the Air Stash is that they are no moving parts (nothing spins) and you don't need special charging devices or cables. Using the app, you can read and write both to the iPad and from the iPad....I think some people may be missing the fact that this is not possible with all devices. Some you can write and read to from the PC/Mac, but cannot do both from the iPad.

It really would be nice if there were a very thorough set of reviews written so people could correctly compare these devices. I think some hear "500GB" and that is the end of story....

I just broke down and sprung for a 128GB SDXC card for my Stash....that plus the two 32GB SDHC cards I already have will be plenty.

Most reactions