What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only HD movies and tv??

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the iPad plays only HD video??

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nah... it will play smaller movies. As a matter of fact... HD resolution is wasted on the iPad since even 720p (1280 x 720) would be sized down with black bars on top and bottom (or cropped if you go full screen).

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the Tech Specs page, it lays out all the supported formats. And no it will not be HD only. That's like saying a High Definition TV can't view a standard definition movie form an old DVD player.

The iPad will view and play lower quality media.

(some people get the oddest notions)

OP
Gayle

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the Tech Specs page, it lays out all the supported formats. And no it will not be HD only. That's like saying a High Definition TV can't view a standard definition movie form an old DVD player.

The iPad will view and play lower quality media.

(some people get the oddest notions)

Thanks all for the replies. Chalk up my "oddest notion" to the excitement of the iPad release. ;)

Last edited:

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had the concentrated time it would be interesting to go through thebnet and pull out all the questions people have about what the iPad can and cannot do. I think this is the first time I've see it over speced... I take it back, there was another person who was concerened that the iPad wouldn't support older iPod movies. Not true, and a litte surprising that such a rumor/thought would come up.

I don't I've ever seen an issue where older formats (within the last 10 years) stop being supported.... Unless they are really dated or gone out of fasion (Real Media).

Most reactions

Latest posts