What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One MacBook Pro, One iPhone, One iPad...Two users

dearbee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so here's the situation. mrs. dearbee syncs her iphone 3gs to the macbook pro using the itunes program. when my ipad arrives, i will be the primary user but i'm worried if i sync it with the macbook pro, all of her stuff will get sync'd with my ipad- mail, music, videos, photos, etc.

is there a way to avoid this? i'm a very new apple product user so bear with my rudimentary question. the ipad, in fact, will be my first apple product. (the iphone and macbook are mrs. dearbee's toys)

can i still use the macbook to sync my ipad but with a different user? do i need to use a different computer?

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so here's the situation. mrs. dearbee syncs her iphone 3gs to the macbook pro using the itunes program. when my ipad arrives, i will be the primary user but i'm worried if i sync it with the macbook pro, all of her stuff will get sync'd with my ipad- mail, music, videos, photos, etc.

is there a way to avoid this? i'm a very new apple product user so bear with my rudimentary question. the ipad, in fact, will be my first apple product. (the iphone and macbook are mrs. dearbee's toys)

can i still use the macbook to sync my ipad but with a different user? do i need to use a different computer?

Yes you can sync multiple devices to the one MacBook with no issues. If you set yourself up as a separate user in my opinion that make things a little more difficult. Just connect to iTunes and choose 'manually' sync. That way you are in control of what playlists, movies etc that are transfer. We have 2 iPhones, 2 iPod touches and multiple iPods in our home and it's not an issue.

Most reactions