What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Purchased Apps?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A number of years ago I purchased a fairly expensive gps app (Garmin USA or some such). I can't find it now on the app store, so I thought I would look through my purchases in the hope of finding it. Surprise! Apparently the app store no longer shows a list of purchased apps! Or, maybe I just no longer know how to access it.

Any helpful suggestions?

Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On the updates page in the app store, tap on the icon at the top right of the page. One of the headings on the next page is Purchased. Tap to open it and scroll down the list until you get to the app you want to download then tap on the cloud icon.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This has to be one of the stupidest cases of hiding a formerly-accessible feature. What next? Mail in two breakfast cereal boxtops to get a hint in the mail?

BTW, in that list of purchased apps, if the cloud icon is grayed-out, the app is no longer available.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This has to be one of the stupidest cases of hiding a formerly-accessible feature. What next? Mail in two breakfast cereal boxtops to get a hint in the mail?

BTW, in that list of purchased apps, if the cloud icon is grayed-out, the app is no longer available.
I just checked my old iPod Touch that's on iOS 5.1.1 and the list of purchased apps is accessed in the same way.
In regards to your BTW statement; it can also mean that the app is not compatible with the device in question. an example would be a 32 bit app in the purchase history viewed on a device running iOS 11.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On my iPad Air 2 the little Profile Icon appears on every page of the App Store - and shows past purchases.

Most reactions

Latest posts