What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old IPAD to New??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
This IPAD is a 5th generation.
We have an old IPAD (IOS 9.3.5) we let one of the nephews use when they're here.
I recently added a few new YouTube videos icons to the old one but they also show up on the new IPAD 5th generation job??
I turned off "find my IPAD" on the old one and I get a message on the newer IPAD saying you turned off "find my IPAD".
What do I need to do to stop this stuff from happening again?? They need to be independent from each other!
Thanks.....Ken

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You nYou Tube you need to sign out of the YouTube App on one of the devices or have two separate user IDs for YouTube one for each device.

Don't know where I got "YouTube" from?? They all came from the "App Store"....
When I download kids ones from the App Store, it asks for the Apple ID but I think that can be shut off for free apps.....somewhere!
Ken

Last edited:

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't know where I got "YouTube" from?? They all came from the "App Store"....
When I download kids ones from the App Store, it asks for the Apple ID but I think that can be shut off for free apps.....somewhere!
Ken

You sign into YouTube with a Google account.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the only thing you use it for is your nephew and other young visitors, you might want to set up a separate account. If you do, check out Apple's site for kids. It should help you keep the iPad under control, and make it so you can share the apps you want without buying them twice.

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

Otherwise it's a matter of going through all the various iCloud settings/stores/services and making sure they don't sync across the iPads. You'll want to do this on both iPads, and any other iOS devices you have that you don't want duplicate apps and content.

There isn't one convenient article (that I can find) that will tell you all the things and settings involved that sync your various iOS devices.

Most reactions