What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Apps wont connect to internet anymore iPad 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieswag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there! Im on an iPad 1 (yeah its old, I know, but its all I have) and since there is absolutley no support for it, I often have to manually install IPAs of older versions of apps because for some reason it wont let me download older versions on the app store.
So heres the issue, a few of my apps (kik, puffin) just wont connect to their servers. I've reinstalled them and downloaded different compatible versions and I still get the same problem. To be specific, when I try to log in to kik, it tries to load for a little bit and then it will tell me there was a problem connecting.

Is there any way to fix this, like a cydia tweak or something I can modify through iFile, or am I screwed? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Im on IOS 5.1.1 btw, its the highest iPad 1 will go.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there! Im on an iPad 1 (yeah its old, I know, but its all I have) and since there is absolutley no support for it, I often have to manually install IPAs of older versions of apps because for some reason it wont let me download older versions on the app store.
So heres the issue, a few of my apps (kik, puffin) just wont connect to their servers. I've reinstalled them and downloaded different compatible versions and I still get the same problem. To be specific, when I try to log in to kik, it tries to load for a little bit and then it will tell me there was a problem connecting.

Is there any way to fix this, like a cydia tweak or something I can modify through iFile, or am I screwed? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Im on IOS 5.1.1 btw, its the highest iPad 1 will go.

Sorry we can't help you.

Your solution (to manually put IPAs onto the iPad1) is your problem.

Other than the fact that manually installing IPAs without going through the AppStore is against copyright laws, you are trying to force apps to run on software that is no longer supported. As you see, this will not work. Chances are the developer abandoned the iOS version because they too had issues.

If the developer of an app has decided not to support an iOS, I'm afraid there is nothing you can do other than (1) find another app that'll do the job or (2) upgrade your device.

Your solution is to circumvent the AppStore. However, we cannot (and will not) aid people in copyright infringement.

Therefore this thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions