What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Apple WWDC Conference Thread - June 7th, 2010

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well let's discuss what's being discussed. Starts in an hour (10PST). What are you hoping to hear?

Supposedly the focus is going to be the new iPhone OS but obviously everyone is expecting to hear the announcment of the new iPhone, potentially the iPhone being available for different carriers, etc.

What site are you following?

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far mac rumors is saying:

- iPhone OS 4 for iPad due this fall
- iBooks: Was iPad only, now coming to iPhone, iPod Touch. Wirelessly syncs current page, bookmarks. buy once, read anywhere.
- Folders. Drag apps on top of each other on homepage and it will create a folder. Folder then appears as icon, can be put in dock etc.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad but some people need to get a life:

10:04AM "It is magical, I know it because I got this email: I was sitting in a café with my iPad, and it got a girl interested in me!." "So there's proof." Huge cheers.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is going to start reading PDF files

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the first time I've used my iPhone for something other than calls in weeks! lol. Reading the forum on the phone while reading the live feed from WWDC on macdailynews on my ipad.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to one blog, during the Farmville announcment someone in the audience yelled "WHAT THE F*CK?!?"

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1:32
#1 all new design. Tell me if you've already seen this. Applause lol

I guess I am just talking to myself and no one gives a poop about this conference. :(

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess I am just talking to myself and no one gives a poop about this conference. :(

Or we're actually following the conference. My only comment? I wish the IT world would grow up and stop wearing jeans and sneakers all the time - Steve looks like an idiot. Too many Americans stop maturing in high school or college...

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just thought people would discuss or predict what they were hoping to hear about etc. :(

That's his look I guess, his little gimmick.

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HD video recording and multitasking are the two things that really interested me. Netflix on the iPhone will be pretty cool when I'm bored and need something to watch. Other than that, nothing too exciting. The gyroscope could be cool. Not really sure I want a full movement controller when the screen will be moving with it.

Video chat is interesting, but it will be better when it supports 3G/4G.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't hear anything that was interesting enough for me to switch to the Nation's Worst Network.

Deenybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
/\hahaha
I'd never switch off a network with simultaneous voice/data for one with barbaric CDMA technology. Verizon needs to catch up with the rest of the globe.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We must live in two different worlds. I don't know anyone who doesn't live in jeans and sneakers.... Unless it's the men in uniform at the nearby army base. And this us coming from a grandmother not a teenager :)

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
/\hahaha
I'd never switch off a network with simultaneous voice/data for one with barbaric CDMA technology. Verizon needs to catch up with the rest of the globe.
Simultaneous voice and data ONLY if you can actually get a signal. ATT is the biggest piece of junk here where I live...within an hour and a half in all directions, no ATT signal.

Most reactions