What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPad

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice ...the defense rests.....

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update
I downloaded the full firmware files for 6.1.2.
On my iPad 2 (soon to be sold so not worried about downgrading) I didn't put it into DFU mode but rather clicked "update" whilst pressing shift.
This opened up the option to install the full update without backup and restore.

The iPad 3 I did with DFU and full restore.
Apart from the time taken to restore the big backup the actual update process seemed the same though I admit I don't know about APTickets during the process.

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a iPad2 Wifi model.
Can any one help me to identify whether it is a Hardware Revision A or older one?
Thanks....

Apple have a handly page here which covers most models, but Rev-A can be confusing - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5452

To know whether you have a Rev-A iPad, go to Settings > General > About > Model

The Rev-A models are MC954 and MC989.

Last edited:

bonvoyage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ve got an Ipad 2 3g version 6 and i ve jailbroken it vth evasi0n tool. Inorder to upgrade to the latest JB version 6.1.2 i used itune to manuall restore it and didnt succeed and received an error message saying "The iPad could not berestored. An unknown error occurred (3194)".

From this forum i read its only possible to upgrade to the latest update which is
6.1.3, which isnt jailbroken yet.
But in this thread i could see a 6.1.3 version, so i m wondering if i restore the ipad vth 6.1.3 firmware available here, vl it clean up the JB and i left vth no JB apps ?
and i gotto wait for the 6.1.3 version jb ?
cheers

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ve got an Ipad 2 3g version 6 and i ve jailbroken it vth evasi0n tool. Inorder to upgrade to the latest JB version 6.1.2 i used itune to manuall restore it and didnt succeed and received an error message saying "The iPad could not berestored. An unknown error occurred (3194)".

From this forum i read its only possible to upgrade to the latest update which is 6.1.3, which isnt jailbroken yet.
But in this thread i could see a 6.1.3 version, so i m wondering if i restore the ipad vth 6.1.3 firmware available here, vl it clean up the JB and i left vth no JB apps ?
and i gotto wait for the 6.1.3 version jb ?
cheers

Tree is not and will not be any jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3. The evasi0n team has said that they're not going to burn an exploit on jailbreaking iOS 6.1.3. Yu'll likely have to wait for iOS 7 and the release of a jailbreak for that version.

bonvoyage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thnks for the swift reply

So i m just curious to know whether the 6.1.3 version available here is same as the apple latest update ?

and if i tried to restore it vth this version i left vth no option to jailbreak my ipad untill i get the next JB 7 ? is tht wht u meant

just wondering whts th difference from 6 through 6.1.2 firmware updates , is it worth upgrading ? any advantages ?

sorry for th trouble

cheers

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thnks for the swift reply

So i m just curious to know whether the 6.1.3 version available here is same as the apple latest update ?

and if i tried to restore it vth this version i left vth no option to jailbreak my ipad untill i get the next JB 7 ? is tht wht u meant

just wondering whts th difference from 6 through 6.1.2 firmware updates , is it worth upgrading ? any advantages ?

sorry for th trouble

cheers

You can't use any of the earlier firmware downloads. Only the iOS 6.1.3 version can be used, as it is the only one being signed by Apple at this time. The only upgrade possible for you is the latest one, iOS 6.1.3. His will leave you without a jailbreak until the next jailbreak release.

cinco312

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPad 3 6.1 Wifi 32gb model and when I try to erase it via the reset settings it just sits there with the circle in the middle of the screen for the past two hours. I did a hard reset and got it back working. I just want to erase everything and restore via iCloud then re-jailbreak it but I obviously don't want it to update it to 6.1.3. I dl the 6.1.2 ipsw file from here. How can I install it without it updating to 6.1.3?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPad 3 6.1 Wifi 32gb model and when I try to erase it via the reset settings it just sits there with the circle in the middle of the screen for the past two hours. I did a hard reset and got it back working. I just want to erase everything and restore via iCloud then re-jailbreak it but I obviously don't want it to update it to 6.1.3. I dl the 6.1.2 ipsw file from here. How can I install it without it updating to 6.1.3?

You can't erase a jailbroken iPad by using the erase all content and settings button on the iPad, you have to do it through iTunes on your computer. Restoring your iPad will update it to iOS 6.1.3. Once there, you can't downgrade.

cinco312

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't erase a jailbroken iPad by using the erase all content and settings button on the iPad, you have to do it through iTunes on your computer. Restoring your iPad will update it to iOS 6.1.3. Once there, you can't downgrade.

Damn, so I just gotta suck it up then. Thanks for the response

Most reactions