What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office on iPad

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad less than a week and I am trying to figure out what I can do with Office.
The version on my iPad says Word is free, but it really doesn't seem to be. I have a licensee for Office 2019, but is there an app that can use that license on an iPad? It seems only Office 360 can be used.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to edit and create files, and sync them between your devices connected to Microsoft, you need an Office 360 subscription.
With the free version of the Microsoft apps, all you can do is see your files or present them (Power Point).

Pages, an app made by Apple, is free, and it can handle Word files. You can save your documents to OneDrive after editing or creating them, so they are available in Office as well. The way you work in the app is different, and the features are not exactly the same, so you might need some time to get used to it.
There’s also Numbers for Excel files, and Keynotes for presentations (PowerPoint), both Apple apps and free.

Most reactions