What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd request on my ipad

Vipers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I often have to re-log into FT, and it usually asks me security questions, today a new page came up, my,pal confirms the phone number format is American, the iPad was purchased in U.K. And I have never seen this screen before, I am thinking it's embedded in the software and for reasons unknown surfaced today, any ideas? After a number of tries and failures I rebooted and it did t come up again.

The screen said
IMG_5652.JPG

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

I assume this is related to your Apple ID. So take a look at your trusted phone numbers in Settings - your name - Password & Security - Trusted Phone Numbers. If you can find the part of the number in your screenshot there, select “Edit” and delete it.

If it’s not there, you’ll have to provide more information, so that we can help:
Is this a new device, or was it owned by someone else before? Which account do you use for your Apple ID: iCloud, Outlook, Gmail, or something else? Is this problem related to your Apple ID, or is it something different?

OP
V

Vipers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

I assume this is related to your Apple ID. So take a look at your trusted phone numbers in Settings - your name - Password & Security - Trusted Phone Numbers. If you can find the part of the number in your screenshot there, select “Edit” and delete it.

If it’s not there, you’ll have to provide more information, so that we can help:
Is this a new device, or was it owned by someone else before? Which account do you use for your Apple ID: iCloud, Outlook, Gmail, or something else? Is this problem related to your Apple ID, or is it something different?

Thank you for that, I have been to "Password and security" and there is no mention of a trusted phone number, anyway it has never happened before, and hopefully by rebooting it cleared it, it may not happen again, I have attached screen shot. For info, pad is about 10 years old, bought in UK.

IMG_3244.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope it doesn‘t appear again.

You can access your Apple ID information here as well:
Maybe you‘ll find a phone number connected to your account there (just in case this message appears again).

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it just me that thinks this could be malware ?

Most reactions

Latest posts