What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notifications not working on my apps.........HELP

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL Yes I have went into settings and checked to make sure my notifications are turned to on. And yes I even went to individual apps within settings to make sure the settings were turned on.

The only way I can get notifications to work is if I open the app itself. For instance I have to open the app store to see if I have updates or I have to open my local news station app to see if their is new news. A friend of mine has an iphone with some of the same apps and her apps always have the number of notifications at the top of her app. What gives?:mad: Take it easy on me if im doing something wrong. This is my first apple product. :confused:

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what apps you are talking about (not all notifications will use local notifications yet. (a new feature on 4.2 for the ipad) The app store has never used local or other notifications you always must open once to get the number badge.... I have no idea why it's like that.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was never able to get notifications for any apps even though everything was set to do so. I changed my DNS in wifi settings to 8.8.8.8 and have had no problems since. Take a screen shot first of your wifi settings page in case you need to revert.

Most reactions