What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notification and Calendar app issues with iOS7

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Upgraded my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 yesterday to iOS 7 and on the whole, I quite like it. Not so keen on all the white, but love the improvements to
Reminders, especially the ability to alter the order of the lists and reminders. However, my one big gripe is the loss of all day events from the notification centre. Hopefully this will be fixed in the first update.

OP
Jockscrap

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, I've just this minute discovered another problem. At 9am, an alert for my all day event popped up in the middle of the screen. From there, you have an option to view it in the calendar, which I chose. The event then appears in a window, superimposed over the rest of the calendar, and the whole iPad was completely frozen. I've just had to power off and restart it. Niggles, niggles, niggles.

OP
Jockscrap

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well how odd. All day events have now, four days after updating to iOS7, started appearing in my notifications.

OP
Jockscrap

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmph. Spoke too soon. Although yesterday the NC referred to the two all day events I had today, they aren't getting a mention today. No rhyme or reason to it.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmph. Spoke too soon. Although yesterday the NC referred to the two all day events I had today, they aren't getting a mention today. No rhyme or reason to it.

I'm guessing here but maybe it's because it is today already and as they are all-day events they have already commenced? That's my best guess (which is probably quite poor)!

The Archangel

OP
Jockscrap

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think that's it.

Before iOS7, the notification centre always showed all day events. I have all days events every day as I do my menu for the week that way. I like to have the entry on my calendar, big and obvious in a bold strip of colour above all my other daily events as food is my priority :)
With the old NC, I could quickly check what I needed to take out of the freezer, or prepare ahead for the evening meal without going to the calendar. It worked really well. For one day only, iOS7 has teased me with the ADEs but now they are gone.

By definition all day events are things that go on all day (or can happen at any time that day, and isn't tied to a set time). To lose these from the NC makes no sense. I feel it must be some sort of bug, otherwise why would they come and go?

Thanks for replying...I was feeling like I was carrying on my own wee conversation for a while there!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm out of ideas (not uncommon) but I have an all day event coming on Friday so I'll see what happens then.

The Archangel

OP
Jockscrap

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finally, I've sussed what's going on with my all day events. My default time for all day events is 9am. Before then, they show up no where (other than in the calendar app). At 9am, an alert appears on screen as set in the Notifications settings, then thereafter, the all day events can be found under the All and Missed tabs, but never under the Today tab. Bit daft that they aren't under Today, but at least I know how to view them quickly if need be now.

Most reactions

Latest posts