What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note taking app for iPad

Kath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used the following apps?
Sundry Notes
smartNotes
Whitenote
Underscore Notify

Does Notability allows you to draw sketches in the note itself or you have to draw specifically in a box and then paste it in the note?

I've been viewing all notes app lately, Note Plus, Note Taker HD, Noteshelf, but I'm not looking for apps that focus only on handwrite notes, for that I use UPAD.

Features I'm looking for:
An app that allows me to do typed notes with bullets and tabs such as PaperDesk, Sundry Notes and draw sketches in the note itself.
Palm resting
Zoom-in for handwriting
Handwriting recognition
Search, bookmarks, tags
Folder or notebooks
Inserting, copying or moving pages from one notebook to another
Arrows to move up, down, left and right (just like the ones in a regular keyboard) (Sundry Notes has this feature)
PDF Export
Sending via e-mail
Moving and editing the drawings and sketchings after making them
Undo/redo
And all other such as text size, colors, highlight, etc.

I know UPAD supports text, but I'm looking for an app that is made more for text typing than handwriting, because I need it to support bullets and tabs when typing (if you know any app with this two features let me know)

So far, I think I'm going to buy Sundry Notes unless someone tells me about a better app that has most of the features I want.

In case someone has any particular questions about UPAD (which I use for taking handwriting notes and Annotations on pdf files) Sundry Notes, SmartNote, feel free to ask. Thanks for your time.

Please recommend any app you use that has most of this features.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Notes Plus extensively and it does most of what you need. If you visit the app in the App Store you can see its features and then go to the Developer's web site, where there are some great videos of it in use. The Developer is fully committed to the app and is frequently adding new features that have been requested by users.

Tim

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Underscore Notify does almost everything, there are some good tutorial videos on their site and on YouTube. It needs a $3 in app purchase to do handwriting recognition.

OP
K

Kath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bdegrande said:
Underscore Notify does almost everything, there are some good tutorial videos on their site and on YouTube. It needs a $3 in app purchase to do handwriting recognition.

I most say thanks. This app actually has EVERYTHING I wanted, including the price, only $2 and with the writing recognition $5 total. I most say is the best app I've ever tried.

cshmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Regarding underscore notify, a lot of reviews say that it crashes frequently?

Kath,
You said you were using Paperdesk. I'm using paper desk lite right now, and it doesn't have wrist protection as they promise... Is it there in the full version or is it just wrong advertisement?
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
K

Kath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cshmech said:
Ok. Regarding underscore notify, a lot of reviews say that it crashes frequently?

Kath,
You said you were using Paperdesk. I'm using paper desk lite right now, and it doesn't have wrist protection as they promise... Is it there in the full version or is it just wrong advertisement?
Thanks

I've only used the lite version, sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts