What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not staying logged in

Ladybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the Air2, after updating last week to 8.1 , most sights that I visit that require passwords won't stay logged in.........my IPad has been re set,and I spoke to Apple,who took me to setting and tried all sorts of things.......They could not resolve the problem...... Has anyone else had this problem ?
I am not well up on anything technical, so please make allowances.

AndyCouchman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the Air2, after updating last week to 8.1 , most sights that I visit that require passwords won't stay logged in.........my IPad has been re set,and I spoke to Apple,who took me to setting and tried all sorts of things.......They could not resolve the problem...... Has anyone else had this problem ?
Hi yes I have the same problem
Andy

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where do I find private browsing?
Tap the pages icon at the top right of the page, if private browsing is enabled the word private will be highlighted. Tap it to un-highlight it, then tap the done button. If the word private is not highlighted you're not in private browsing.

OP
Ladybird

Ladybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG! That seems to have worked.......Apple have tried everything (but that)......and hopefully the problem is fixed.......Thank you

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do experience this too I think it's because of the firmware some sort of bugs. :(

OP
Ladybird

Ladybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After doing what scifan said, all passwords are staying logged on....
Apple told me they thought it was a software problem.....looks like they are wrong :rolleyes:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A quick way to know if you are in Private mode or not. In Private mode the Tool/URL bar is a dark gray with white text and icons. In normal viewing mode it's white with black/blue text and icons.

Another interesting bit is that the Private and normal viewing modes keep their own list of open tabs. You can switch back and forth between them without losing or affecting the tabs you have open in the other. Just noticed that while playing around.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering...in Private mode I can still see the sites visited up top, greyed out but still easily readable. Is that normal and if so what privacy?
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just wondering...in Private mode I can still see the sites visited up top, greyed out but still easily readable. Is that normal and if so what privacy?
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you are talking about. The text and icons on the tool and URL bar become white (or a light gray) but they are all fully functional.

All Privacy mode does is prevent the iPad from saving history, data, and cookies visited while in Private mode. What data is visible should disappear as soon as the site's tab is closed. It does not prevent you from seeing the history that was saved while you were not in Private mode. Nor does it delete the info needed to see and navigate the site while it's tab is still open.

It is all about not letting someone else see what you've been up to if they happen to pick up your iPad; while not limiting your own ability to use the web.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK thanks Mike, I played around with it some more and can now see that what had not disappeared from the URL bar were the sites visited before a change to private mode. I had wrongly assumed nothing would show up there when in Private mode, whatever tab is open..
Andrew

Most reactions