What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not able to put certain email ads into Trash

Frontierman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new here and came out of necessity. I have an Ipad (Model MD511-LL which is 2-3 years old) which is up-to-date with the 10.1.1 updated version OS and the unit works pretty well. I have two emailed ads that I've tried to move to Trash. When I do this I get a message like 'unable to move message', 'The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash". I have to click OK to move on. I've even tried moving them to Junk to no avail. These same two ads just keep popping up every time I open my Mail. I was ignoring the one, but when one stubborn ad became two, I started to get concerned. I don's want my mailbox to be cluttered with a bunch of old ads I have no interest in. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums, Frontierman!

Does a certain account give that message, eg. Outlook, Gmail, iCloud? POP or IMAP account?

If an email account doesn't work properly, the easiest method to get rid of problems, is to remove the account completely, and then reinstall it. This will work in most cases.

OP
F

Frontierman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums, Frontierman!

Does a certain account give that message, eg. Outlook, Gmail, iCloud? POP or IMAP account?

If an email account doesn't work properly, the easiest method to get rid of problems, is to remove the account completely, and then reinstall it. This will work in most cases.

J.A.,

Thanks for your reply. These ads are only showing up on my iPad mail (blue box w white envelope at bottom of my screen). They do not appear w gmail. I tried to unsubscribe to no avail. I do not have an Acct. w either source. Thanks though for trying.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they appear in the blue app with the white envelope, you have set up an account on your iPad, in Settings - Mail - Accounts.
IMG_6662.JPG

This can be an iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, ... account. There are many possibilities. It's also possible that you have more than one email account set up there.
IMG_6663.JPG

What do you see when you go there?

Most reactions

Latest posts