What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email won't delete

TJA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have received an e-mail from a friend containing a short video. The video won't launch and then I'm unable to delete the e-mail. Mail freezes when I try to or even when I try to move it to the trash.
It then later reappears as an unopened e-mail in my mailbox.

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the email client that comes standard with your iPad? I don't know about the video. I think you have two separate problems. This might help.

I usually open and look at my email with what is on the iPad which is my gmail. Sometimes the emails won't delete. It disappears but says I still have email. I have to go into my actual gmail account to delete it. This usually happens when I try to delete offline which happens when I lose wifi occasionally.

I don't know if any of this makes sense but I hope it helps.

greasemuntney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My yahoo did this on my i4 so for about a month I had 10 emails that after they was deleted they would reappear every time I open my mail again. I finally had to delete my yahoo mail and reboot phone then add it back to fix this issue. It is a pain and I hated my Mail app showing I had 10-15 emails and when I would open it the old deleted emails would show up then disappear again. So I feel for you. I even tried to delete many time via my computer and still did not work. So you may have to try what I did and I hope it works for you too.

OP
TJA

TJA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a POP account.

The problem resolved itself once again. I deleted it on my iMac first of all. Then, I opened the e-mail on my iPad and let the video try to launch. It took forever, perhaps because of it's size, but once it opened within the e-mail and I could see it there (but I didn't dare try to view it), it was easily deleted. I then emptied the trash for that account.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What format was the video in? I assume that you are not trying to open a Flash file.

Most reactions