What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

not a geek

Bob kelley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi im not a geek, sorry to say. My Ipad locked up while it was connected to Itunes. the screen shows the Itunes logo and the USB cable. wont shut down, wont start up. etc.. what is a non geek to do?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Bob - welcome to the forum! :)

Not sure what you did in saying 'won't shut down' - but my suggestion is to 'Reset' the iPad, i.e. press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - if the logo appears, then the device should re-boot; if the screen goes blank, then press and hold the 'Power' button - wait for a re-boot - let us know if this helps - good luck!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My wife's iPad mini asks to be registered (again) every time I do a backup. Just ignore the dumb things and enjoy the smart ones.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
B

Bob kelley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
didnt work, wont reboot? the itunes logo and USB cable are on the screen and wont do anything

OP
B

Bob kelley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the itunes logo appears and USB cable appear and nothing will remove or power up or down, it looks like it ios connected to computer but its not

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
didnt work, wont reboot? the itunes logo and USB cable are on the screen and wont do anything

Did you unplug it from the computer when you tried doing the hard reset, power and home button?

Most reactions