What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noob Fanboy Introduction

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings! Uh, well, I'm 36 and live out in NoCal (close to SF Bay Area.) Just acquired an IPad (white)... and my life will never be the same again. Yes, yes I know that sounds like an extreme hyperbole. But it's not. At all. Never being much of a techie fanboy for any device or platform, I now find myself a certified 100% Apple Fiend. I'm truly grateful for this forum as, as a noob, I'm sure to have lots of questions (don't worry, before I ask a terribly obvious one I'll search all threads for the answer...) Cheerio!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome from north Carolina! I hope you enjoy the forum. I have a white 64gb wifi and this think is been amazing for me as well. Enjoy the new toy and read a lot, there is a lot of info here my friend.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
wheems

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, guys for all the welcomes!

SweetPoison - Sacramento huh? I'm just down the 160 (or I-5, but I prefer going through the Delta) in the Brentwood/Oakley wasteland.

IFrog - Yes indeed, there is a huge amount of info here. I've been wandering around the labyrinthine threads (and learning quite a bit). Down the rabbit hole I go...

Tim - Tapad leat! Cò às a tha sibh?

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheems said:
Greetings! Uh, well, I'm 36 and live out in NoCal (close to SF Bay Area.) Just acquired an IPad (white)... and my life will never be the same again. Yes, yes I know that sounds like an extreme hyperbole. But it's not. At all. Never being much of a techie fanboy for any device or platform, I now find myself a certified 100% Apple Fiend. I'm truly grateful for this forum as, as a noob, I'm sure to have lots of questions (don't worry, before I ask a terribly obvious one I'll search all threads for the answer...) Cheerio!

Welcome, and I look forward to talking with you and helping any way my little mind will allow me to.
I am Lavada, from Illinois!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I knew you were a fanboy.:D

From Fangirl.:)

OP
wheems

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Lavada! Looking forward to talking w you as well! And any help I can get will be greatly appreciated, what with me being a noob and all. :)

SweetPoison - Completely unabashed fanboy. About damn time, too! My best friend is a graphic designer and has always worked on a Mac -- and I remember she used to have this sticker on her Mac that said, "You can take my Mac away when you pry my cold, dead fingers off of it". Yeah. That's about how I feel. [side note: said friend now works AT Apple; she's responsible for all the signs, banners and posters you see in the Apple Stores. And oh how I envy her. Imagine the mad discounts you'd get, not to mention be privy to everything on the horizon!]

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison - Completely unabashed fanboy. About damn time, too! My best friend is a graphic designer and has always worked on a Mac -- and I remember she used to have this sticker on her Mac that said, "You can take my Mac away when you pry my cold, dead fingers off of it". Yeah. That's about how I feel. [side note: said friend now works AT Apple; she's responsible for all the signs, banners and posters you see in the Apple Stores. And oh how I envy her. Imagine the mad discounts you'd get, not to mention be privy to everything on the horizon!]

I Think that IPF will be better for having you joined.:)

OP
wheems

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WikiLeak the Mothership? Cha. Right. She's an Apple employee (read: notoriously tight lipped. Methinks they threaten their firstborn if they spill any juicy tidbits to the masses.) And anyways, I've already tried...maybe if I get her good and crunk ;) But never fear, my pretties: she's coming over for a BBQ in a few weeks. And I swear on the Black Mock Turtleneck of Jobs that I WILL indeed grill her...if I find out anything, even the smallest hint of something, ipf will be the first to know.

OP
wheems

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheems said:
WikiLeak the Mothership? Cha. Right. She's an Apple employee (read: notoriously tight lipped. Methinks they threaten their firstborn if they spill any juicy tidbits to the masses.) And anyways, I've already tried...maybe if I get her good and crunk ;) But never fear, my pretties: she's coming over for a BBQ in a few weeks. And I swear on the Black Mock Turtleneck of Jobs that I WILL indeed grill her...if I find out anything, even the smallest hint of something, ipf will be the first to know.

Wheems' Potentially Silly Overreaction Post:

So, the last post has been weighing heavily on my mind (I tend to lean towards the hyper-conscientious sort...) and just wanted to clear a few things up. First - I would never, ever get a friend drunk just to wheedle some info out of them. Kinda goes against the whole notion of friendship, no? And, secondly, I would never jeopardize said friend's job in any way shape or form. If I do hear anything I CAN post, I'll do so...

Overreaction? Quite possibly yes. But just had to set right what felt somewhat wrong to me...

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheems said:
Wheems' Potentially Silly Overreaction Post:

So, the last post has been weighing heavily on my mind (I tend to lean towards the hyper-conscientious sort...) and just wanted to clear a few things up. First - I would never, ever get a friend drunk just to wheedle some info out of them. Kinda goes against the whole notion of friendship, no? And, secondly, I would never jeopardize said friend's job in any way shape or form. If I do hear anything I CAN post, I'll do so...

Overreaction? Quite possibly yes. But just had to set right what felt somewhat wrong to me...

But the most worrying thing is You didn't say you wouldn't BBQ her...:)

OP
wheems

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
But the most worrying thing is You didn't say you wouldn't BBQ her...:)

Friends. It's what's for dinner.

Most reactions

Latest posts